Chapter 239: World after the fall (11)

...

The doctor kept appearing on television.

Whenever news came up regarding various demonstrations and places, the doctor was there. The doctor was always shown in between the people protesting out on the streets.

The doctor was more famous than what Jaehwan had known. He was widely known for his teachings on Germany and France and his smart ideas. He was also a psychiatrist for many famous politicians in the country.

Fall of the Genius.

The media quickly spread news of the doctor's change and created rumors regarding his words. Politicians who were known to have connections with the doctor quickly denied that they had anything to do with him. But even with all that, the doctor kept pressing on.

-Everyone! We must realize we are trapped! We are inside the tower!

Jaehwan wasn't sure what the doctor was trying to do. Why was he promoting all that madness after all this time? Wasn't he the one who said that money was everything in the world? And that Jaehwan must accept this world for his family?

Wasn't he the one who spent 10 years persuading Jaehwan in any way he could?

Why?

What changed him during this short period of time? Or was there another intention to all that?

-Recently, I think my treatments were all wrong after all. Maybe it's your influence.

-...Are you kidding?

-No, I'm serious. Maybe it's me who was persuaded during these 10 years.

Jaehwan then looked up to see if the doctor had written a novel recently, but there was no sign of the novel that he ripped apart that day. He tried to meet with the doctor a few times, and he even saw the doctor within the group of protesters while he was passing by, but Jaehwan never went up to talk to him.

Maybe he was afraid.

Maybe he was afraid to bring out the emotions he had been holding back. Maybe he was afraid that it would bring him greater despair...

-Please! Open your eyes!

Fortunately, the doctor's news quickly died on media as other bigger issues had come up. Besides, the doctor did not change his stance and that soon bored people. He was always at protesting sites but he never backed any politicians or any organizations.

"Hmph. It's him again."

Hwang Inchan, who was watching the news together with him, spoke.

"You know, there are folks like him that don't know how the world revolves. He doesn't know that life depends on 15 minutes. That man's 15 minutes are long gone."

Hwang Inchan scratched his beard and turned to Jaehwan.

"15 minutes... Oh, Jaehwan. Did I ever tell you this?"

"Do you mean 15 Minutes of Fame by Andy Warhol?"

"Right! You know then!"

Inchan loved to quote "15 Minutes of Fame" all the time. It seemed like that was the only famous quote he knew as he repeated it so many times that it annoyed Jaehwan every 15 minutes of the hour.

"Authors are the same too. The ones that we work with. You see, modern fantasy is a very popular genre right now, but how long do you think it will last? You never know what's coming up next. You might be a popular author right now, but you never know where you will end up."