Chapter 192: A lone world (1)

[Fact that only one exists also means that none exists.]

- Pierre, the God of Mischief.

Episode 22. A lone world (1)

Heavy rain was falling. Lightning struck from the sky with thunder roaring down to the ground. All people of <Depth> walked out to the streets to soak themselves in the rain of world power. They all said the same thing.

There had never been a rainy season for this long. If this was over, the world was going to change into an entirely different world.

There were soldiers advancing through the rain. People of <Depth> did not know what lied beyond the end of the advance but they just guessed that there was something.

'Is there really something though?'

Mirel, the 5th Captain of Rupture, thought grimly as she saw the 7th site coming to sight over the horizon. Yoo Surha, her old friend, was probably within the site.

'Surha. It's time for your decision.'

Jaehwan's footsteps were covered in the area. The 8th site, Caspion, seemed to be very different since his return after four months. He did hear the rumors that the land had been prosperous after Rupture took over, but it all seemed like false rumors. As Jaehwan took another small portal, he stepped into the blue forestland of the 8th site.

As it was a forbidden place, there were the Lost Ones who became monsters or broken down [Parts] attacking him, but they were no match against Jaehwan. As he walked further, he smelled water from the distance. Jaehwan followed and reached a familiar place.

He had reached a Fishing Spot, or the place where spirits were being fished up to <Depth>.

Jaehwan stopped right there. This Fishing Spot was special to him. There was someone who had taught him many things when he just got to <Depth>. Maybe he could call her a 'friend' now. She had given him so many significant things. He remembered her name. It was Andersen.

-Andersen? I remember her.

Pierre knew her.

-She is the only god I inherited the [Naked] Setting from when I disguised myself as a God of Madness.

-YOU were the God of Madness?

-Yes, I was. It was 100 thousand years ago though.

-I see.

-Technically, the God of Madness didn't specify just one God. It was supposed to mean all of the Long Living race. Everything they did in their region was considered to be the work of the God of Madness. The God of Madness that Andersen mentioned is probably me. I was the one who taught her.

Jaehwan remembered Andersen as he came back here. He hoped she was alive somewhere since she was a God, but it was just false hope. He wasn't the only one who could kill a God. Myad also had such power.

Jaehwan clenched his hands and opened them. Faint silver powder was thrown up into the air. Jaehwan looked up to it and turned.

Soon, the forbidden area was gone and Jaehwan was up on the hill toward the place where Hatchnold auction house used to be. Nothing was there anymore. The auctioneers and gatekeepers weren't there. They had all been killed in that clash.

Maybe it was Jaehwan's falt. Perhaps it was his mistake, choice, or determination that made people die along with countless worlds and their potentials. Jaehwan knew this, but it didn't stop him from moving forward. It actually made him move forward.

Jaehwan stopped all of a sudden.

"How far are you going to follow me?"

Behind Jaehwan, the air distorted and revealed one man. There was a silver wing on the back of the man. Jaehwan knew the man. His blonde hair shook against the wind and rain.