Chapter 230: World after the fall (2)

...

'10 year old?'

Jaehwan frowned as he brought his finger up to his head. 10 year-old? Why was he a 10 year-old? How was his mother here? Why was HE here?

Why... am I... who am I?

"...What did I do wrong to him?"

"I never said you have done anything wrong."

"My kid is fine. He's good at school, he has many friends... and even his teachers..."

"Some delusional disorders are hard to notice as the symptoms are the same as regular activities."

"NO! He is fine! He was just... he was just triggered! It's all his fault... because of him... my kid... he just..."

"I'll show you, Ma'am."

The doctor then brought Jaehwan to the small table at the corner of the room and pulled the curtains. It was very thin and simple that it had no effect on cutting the sounds out. The sound of a woman's tense breathing came through. The doctor spoke to Jaehwan.

"Jaehwan. Can you answer a few questions for me?"

Jaehwan nodded.

"How old are you?"

"...I forgot."

"Forgot? And why is that?"

"I've lived too long for that."

"Too long? How long is that?"

"10 billion years."

A woman gasping could be heard beyond the curtain. The doctor glanced toward the curtain and continued with his questions.

"So what have you been doing until now Jaehwan?"

"I was fighting with Big Brother."

"Is Big Brother your 'father'?"

Jaehwan did not answer. The doctor wrote something on his paper and continued to ask.

"So why did you fight with Big Brother?"

"To destroy the System."

"System? And what is that? Can you explain it to me?"

Jaehwan felt a heavy headache as he tried to remember what System was, but it didn't work. The doctor then nodded knowingly and gave a pen and piece of paper to Jaehwan.

"Jaehwan, can you draw it on here?"

Jaehwan began drawing something on the paper. It didn't take him long to finish his picture. The doctor received the paper back from Jaehwan.

It was a giant tree. A giant tree with dried roots and branches. The doctor looked at it intriguingly.

"Is this tree the 'System'?"

Jaehwan did not answer as he became dizzy. He could hardly breathe, but the doctor kept on asking his questions.

"...So, there's a thing called a 'tower' at the root of this tree and it kidnaps people from Earth to send them up the tree?"

"Yes."

"And that is [Cultivation]?"

"Right."

"And you survived the [Cultivation] and moved up to the top of the tower?"

The questions kept coming and Jaehwan kept answering. Adapters and Awakeners. <Chaos> and <Depth>. Gods and Followers. Jaehwan wasn't sure why he knew all that, but he focused on answering the doctor's questions.