4. A Prank for Her

(Fifteen's POV)

I am Number Fifteen.

I hate everything.

That's what I always say to my mind. How couldn't you hate everything if, first, the elders sent few of us here and we're just bunch of kids. How are we supposed to win this war if we're outnumbered? Second, how could I train myself if I've been stuck in this hell? Crap, it'll be better if I'm dead.

I'm stuck.

So I ask myself. What do you do when you're in prison? Of course, think of a way to escape.

There's no way a person can sneak out and walk along the corridors inside the house because of the cameras. The main door is in the lobby. It was a large oak sliding door which is open in day but closes every seven o'clock. The locks are too high, which is impossible to reach because the house doesn't have any high furniture to step on. But that door is not the one I'll take. Sometimes, the nuns are still awake and guard the living room.

Liza once told me that there is small door in the basement but she's not sure if it's still there. The house was being renovated every year so there'll might be changes now. The nuns forbid us to enter that, maybe because all the important stuffs are hidden there, and that's the room where they hid my Chest.

I'm sure they never opened it. Only I can do that and a Cepan, if I have any. See, the nuns confiscated that from me because it's the only thing I have when I was sent here the first day.

The sun's already down, time for our dinner. The kids in this orphanage eat at the same time. It's what the nuns taught us, to share time with others. We eat in a one long table, just enough number of chairs for the kids in here. When there's a new comer, the nuns just place another chair so it'll be fair. But since Ellen was kicked out, and a two new girls replaced her just an hour ago, one of us will not get a seat.

I rush in inside the kitchen as soon as possible so I can still sit on a vacant if there is. When I enter the area, the table was already crowded. That's it; I'm the one who didn't get a seat. When I turn my back towards the door to go back to my room, Liza and the others called my name. When I look back, they made me a reserved chair.

I walk back happily towards them so I can thank them, but as soon as I reach six feet away from the chair, a girl bump me on my shoulder. I fell onto the floor, knees bend and hands stretched. Silence came.

The girl who bumped me is Vicky, a friend of Ellen. And another bully.

"Oops," she says meanly. "I didn't mean to do that. Next time get out of my way." She smirks, then faces Liza. "Thanks for reserving the chair for me."

The adrenaline rises and my heart starts to beat fast. It's the feeling of anger, not scared. Slowly, I stand up on my own and smile back at her. She still standing, eyebrows raised, right hand pressed at the chair like she's waiting for something.

She then decided to sit down, but before she can even do that, I move the chair with my telekinesis without Vicky realizing it.

THUMP!

She fall hard at the floor, butt first. Kids stand up from their chair to look at her and laughter fills the kitchen.

Vicky barely stands up, but she managed anyway. She looks at me with her yes full of anger. The atmosphere changed, and that's when she lunged at me and pulls my hair.

She keeps on babbling on something but I barely understand what she's saying. I push her back and she fall again. Sister Agnes dash inside the kitchen and approach Vicky.

"You're a freak!" Vicky says again and again.

Smiles creep across my face for doing that. I hate someone who messes with me. I don't want to be a bully like Ellen; I fight because I don't want to get hurt.

The nun tries to help Vicky stand up, but I'm not satisfied yet. If I'm not going to eat, then be it. I'll be contented after I do this. Anyway, I know that this is my last day in here. Why not make a fun as an appreciation for taking care of an alien.

I push back the reserved chair right at Sister Agnes' back, knocking her off and joining Vicky at the floor. More laughter came, even Liza. I saw her gazing eyes looking at me.

"How'd you do that?" she mutters.

I gestures my hand and move every finger, which means magic. She laughs again and finishes her food.

"See if the chair was still reserved for you, Vicky," I say.

I went back to my room without eating. Vicky and Sister Agnes were sent in the clinic. The other nuns grounded me for another week for fighting with Vicky, and another one week for having no respect to a nun.

I don't care about that. I admit I had fun today. Maybe this was the last time I'm going to smile, after this, the war against the Mogadorians awaits.

I push my back against my back comfortably, then suddenly felt my eyebrows weigh. That's when I didn't realize I am dreaming.

The dream shifts into a forest. A girl jumped out from the woods and she's carrying a wooden chest. I think she realized it's heavy and big, so she put it down at the dirt. Then, plants grow out from the ground and cover the chest.

She's on the run, I can tell. Her eyes are swollen, maybe because of crying. When she run out and disappear from the vision, five Mogs followed her, also from the woods. She's young and pretty, and wears a Loric pendant just like mine. She's a Garde. And the wodden Chest she hid, that was her Chest.

The dream shifts.

A guy showed up, older than the girl, maybe seventeen or eighteen. He's sitting in a white marble place that looks familiar to me. It's like a shrine or temple and he was down like he's missing someone. He's forlornly throwing small pebbles at the grass. He wears a black jacket and green cargo pants. He's wearing a Loric pendant too. I can barely see his face because it looks like a blur, like someone brushed his face off.

The scene changed and a dark haired boy stands at a sea shore. He made the waves grow taller and massive, just like most of the buildings, or maybe taller than those. He gestured his hands forward, and he released the waves. The water calms as soon as a girl show up.

He never show any pendant, which I check every time a person appear in my dreams. It's the only clue for me to know if they're a member of the Garde. But with the controlling the waves stuff, no doubt he's a Garde to me.

The dream change again.

A dark haired boy appears the same as the boy before. His face is a blur, that's why I can't describe it. Then a girl walks through a construction site. Suddenly, debris fell going to land exactly where the girl's at. When the boy saw it, he ran in blur and pushed the girl. At the far side on the mountain part shows a giant statue of Christ the Redeemer.

Then I sit up, sweating.

I just dreamed about the four other Garde with me. I knew t was them because the vision shows only four. I don't know, but at least, that's what I believe. I think that's a sign for me to escape.

I look at the wall clock, it was ten o'clock. Perfect. I'm going to leave and escape now. I need to go to that place in my dream. I analyze, for the first time, and see if I know about those places appeared at each of the Garde.

Earth is wide, there's so many forest. That's for Eleven, the girl I saw at the woods. I guess that's not an easy part. I remember back at the guy sitting at a shrine and a guy in seashore. There are so many shrines in the world, and so is the sea shore. Seventy percent of Earth is water; it'll be hard to find the Seashore guy. The fourth guy, Fourteen, appears in a statue. That was in Brazil. The nuns always taught us about world histories.

Brazil, now that's where I'm going.

I pack my things quietly and my brain gears starts to function now, figuring how to get out of here. Illusions? Basement? Right, my Chest first.