17. Fourteen's Cases

(Greyson's POV)

When I wake up, I was sweating. I don't have my shirt on and I was lying with a blanket. Where id that came from? I never recall having a blanking inside the ship. I'm in the captain's cabin. I look at the window and saw Rex and Fifteen leaning over the side of the ship. It was already noon, but doesn't look like one because of the bad weather. Rain is coming.

I took a shirt and change my jogging pants into jeans. I went outside and that's when Rex and Fifteen notice me.

"How long I've been sleeping?" I ask first.

"Only two days," Fifteen answers.

We made a mini-staring contest, when I blink Fifteen's left eyebrow raise as if to say she wins.

"Sorry about what happened when we train," she says. "I didn't mean to do that. I told you, my Legacies are dark. They're controlling me."

"It's okay, maybe next time we should practice controlling your Legacies," I say. "Especially the touch-thing..."

She smirks and then slowly turns into a smile. Rex stands besides her as if waiting to be noticed.

"Hey, where did you get the blanket, by the way?"

"Oh, those were Fifteen's blankets actually,"

I look at Fifteen, then back at Rex. "Those?"

Fifteen steps up and creeps a smile. "Yeah, you drool a lot while you're asleep that's why I need to change it every five hours. And I just wash those blankets and some of our clothes at the sea. Rex helps me out..."

"Really? Okay, so how about the Loric Locator? Have you guys checked on it?" I ask.

"Fifteen says Fourteen moves a lot from one place to another so fast..." Rex explains.

"Probably his ability to run so fast like a jet, like the one in the news," I say.

"Yeah, Fourteen jumps to Canada after he went to Libya, the one you saw in North Africa," Fifteen says as she gets the device and shows me the globe. "Now he's in South Carolina."

It was true, Fourteen was in America now. I wonder what he was doing, maybe giving us all a sign, or maybe escaping from the Mogs. But why so fast? I mean, he changes place almost like every day. The dot blinks in South Carolina, but suddenly it moves again towards the ocean so fast, it looks like an arcade game now.

"What's he's doing?" Rex asks.

I shrug. "I'm not sure. But he's travelling in the water, towards the ocean to Europe maybe."

How could he travel into the sea? It was very far across the ocean if he does that. I mean, it would take days to do that. How can he possible run so fast in just one day? Tomorrow maybe, he would be in other place in Europe. But, was it really Fourteen? What if he was actually flying?

Rex walks away, hands both hidden in his jeans pocket. I realize he was always silent after the incident in Brazil. Is he really one of us? I do not actually doubt about him betraying us, but he may be used by the Mogs. What if he's also tricking us, especially Fifteen?

"Hey, have you been observing Rex?" I ask.

Fifteen narrowed her eyes. "What do you mean?" she asks.

"What if he'd betray us? Or maybe the Mogs was actually using him?"

"Believe me, Greyson. I doubt about him the way you doubt him hundred of time when I first saw him." She starts to say in serious. "But he never betrayed me or gives me a sign he's with them. Not even once. I mean, we've been travelling together to get to Brazil. Off course, we share stories, and I heard already about him. So don't worry, it's alright."