9. Learning Math

(Greyson's POV)

The biggest and the scariest Mog from the three turn towards me. The two other, busy destroying the tires and breaking the windows.

He grins, showing his shark-like teeth. "What number are you, Garde?" he says, his voice hoarse. "SPEAK!"

Before he can even pull out his dagger, I leap forward and stab him in his left leg. He moved backward, and then fall on his feet. He gets a handful of sand and throws it at my eyes. I rub it, and then reduce the gravity field around the other Mog who tried to pull out the front tire yelling, "The chest?!" So I sent him flying. I throw my sword, and using telekinesis, I stab him at his chest like a spear, disintegrating him into piles of ashes.

The fat Mog who fought me a while ago stare at what I did. I pushed him back with my telekinesis and then attack the third Mog. He kicked me back before I can even hurt him. I open the door of the car with telekinesis, which hit the Mog's head severely.

I rise at my feet, cleaning my back from the sands. The other Mog who stand up quickly now, pulls out his dagger and throw it right at my face. I dodge the dagger and throw it back at the Mog. He duck so fast, so the dagger hit the coconut tree behind him, stuck. I grab my sword again and swing right at the Mog's chest, but he keeps on dodging and jumping. I pulled the coconut with telekinesis, then it fell perfectly right at the Mog's head. He yelp, then fell at the ground.

I whined, and then attack the Mog who was knocked by the door. I grab the sword and stab him, turning him into ashes. I left the sword at the sand and then breathe deeply.

I run towards the water until I reach knee-deep. The ashes that made a contact with my skin were warm and dirty so I wash it away. But it wasn't over yet. After washing my face and my hands, the fat Mog suddenly run towards me holding my sword, grinning. "You're Nine aren't you?"

Eventually, I raise both of my arms and focus on him. I'm going to reduce his gravity field into zero, just in his area. I don't want to fight him anymore, I'm tired. This was my first fight and all of my training is useless because the Mogs shows up unplanned. Let the birds or the airplane hit him until he die.

The water from where I stand was decreasing until it levels into my ankle. The Mog looked too stunned to move. When I look over my shoulder, a wave was coming. And I'm not talking about a small wave here, it was massive. Almost about eighteen feet tall.

I look back at the Mog who was still mouth-opened. "I am Number Nine, you freaking idiot!" I raised my arms one more time. "Plus Number Four!" I yell. Then I release the waves, taking over the Mog.

Once the waves calm, I felt relief. I was good in math after all solving nine plus four. I had a hard time figuring what number can be added to nine to get Thirteen. But, hey. Did I just develop a new Legacy? Well, I guess I did.

The Chest, I remember. Opening the chest calls the attention of those Mogs. They even think I'm one of the Ten Garde. I'm guessing how far the Mogadorians knew about us. They don't really know about the five. I hope my answer in math won't spread to the other Mogs.

When I step out from the water, a familiar voice called after me.

"What are you?" Says Clara.

I froze for a moment.

"I'm asking what are you, Greyson!" Clara starts to cry. "Tell me, please."

I realized I'm a fool I let her stay in her radar house, which, when she's there, she can see everything. I should've told her to run away. Now I don't know how I'm going to explain everything to her. What if she don't believe me?