13. Life of a Pirate

(Greyson's POV)

I can't believe how it feels to have a magic ship suddenly pops out from the surface of the sea. At least I already have a transportation to help speed up my travel to Brazil. But I'm not sure I'm ready to leave the Australia. My home. The first Earth home I ever had since I came here from Lorien.

I remember back on how I wander through the sea shores here in Dampier. It feels so foreign and I'm not comfortable at first. But as soon as I grew up, I learned how to live like normal. I learned human language and things like how to greet, how to eat, and how to surprise a person to death and a bunch of other stuffs.

I stop thinking because it sounds like I'm already leaving Earth to Lorien. Well, I wasn't. I'm just recollecting all the memories back when I was a kid. I'm just leaving for Brazil, and I'm coming back, anyway.

I grab my Chest together with my bag, which contains some supplies like canteen of water, extra shirts that's from her dad (I hope I don't get killed by his dad just because of borrowing his shirts) and other things that can help me, well, survive the voyage.

Before I can walk, a black cat purrs at my feet, brushing his furs into mine.

"Whoa. What's that?"I shriek as I slowly remove my foot away from the cat.

"Oh, that's a cat, sort of, my cat actually," Clara says. "She always shows up once a week and stays in our house. But I don't think she has an owner that's why I took her."

The cat looks at me with its green eyes full of wonders. I remember what the galaxies look like during my voyage in space whenever I see the cat's eyes.

"You can take her if you want," Clara says.

"No, she's yours," I resist kindly.

"No, it's okay. Really." She says finally. And by 'really' I think she really wants me to stop and take the cat, because she wants to.

I nod telling her 'okay'. I pull the cat up and carry her in front of my chest, lying in right hand. "What's her name?" I ask.

"Oh, It's Night. I found her in the middle of the night," she says bashfully, like she regretted to tell me the cat's name. "But you can change it if you want..."

I smile and look at Night. "No, I like Night."

She's half weeping now, and half smiling. I don't know for sure. But I already start to walk slowly towards the ship.

I walk closer to the waters until it reaches waist-deep. The ship draws nearer to me because I'm pulling it with my telekinesis. It wasn't that hard. When the ladder went down, all by itself, I look back at the shore.

Clara was waving. Her eyes, red and looks like she just cried. I'm not sure why, maybe because her only friend is leaving, or she feels something for me too and it's hard for her. I hesitate for a moment to climb, but I have to make a small decision.

I run back to Clara and hug her. And she hugs me back.

"Thanks," I say, trying to pick the words correctly. I never talk to a girl like her before. "It's an honor to meet such a beautiful girl like you."

She laughs a bit, and then pulls her hands off from me. "Yeah, you're welcome. And good luck with your journey..."

We have a moment of staring, her hazel eyes glimmering from the sun. After a second, I nod, and then move along.

Before I can even step, I pause again. I don't know, but I'm not yet satisfied. Leaving her so fast, it's like escaping a jail. Forgetting about the world you live in and the people who helped you. But I'm not a prisoner. So I don't do that.