8. Someone Gives Me His Coffee (not his name)

(Fifteen's POV)

I wake up, lying in a bench. I was dressed in green jacket now, which I didn't wear the last time I saw myself. My eyes look straight towards the sky. It's night, just like the time I escaped the orphanage. I already gain my consciousness but I didn't move, just my eyes.

The place is not so crowded. I realize I'm on a street. I'm still in New York. I move my head a little bit and saw a guy sitting beside me at my feet. I move my head back so he won't realize I'm awake, but my head hit the metal shaft of the bench, calling the attention of the boy. He looks at me in surprise and stand up.

Before he can even talk, I sit as fast as I can and stand up, cleaning myself. I talk first. "Who are you?"

He looks over his shoulder to see who's in his back. No one, of course. Silly. He still didn't talk, mouth-opened, waiting for me to talk again.

"How dare you put me in the bench! I'm not dead, don't do that again." I say. I look back at the bench and I realize my bag was there. "Did you steal something in my bag?"

"Hey, how can you talk to me like that," he says. He's face was young, just like my age. He wears his denim shirt and jeans and a comfy bonnet at his head. "I guard you here for forty-eight hours, gave you my jacket, and look out for your bag from robbers, and that's how you thank me?"

He bows his head in defeat. I can't answer. I don't know what to do. He just turns his back and walk away, like nothing really happens.

"Hey!" I call after him. Unbelievably, he looks back at me, raising his left eyebrow, waiting for my answers again. His eyes shine perfectly from the moon. "Thank you..."

He smiles and nods, and then walks away again. A can't believe he look out for me in two days. I guess I can never do that to a stranger if I was him. He never even laid a hand on my bag, which contains my precious Chest. And I never realize I was lying there unconscious for two days. I never even had the time to ask the guy's name so I can thank him even more. I can't forgive myself.

I look back at the bench, grabbing my bag. I realize, my stomach churns, telling me to eat now. I don't have any money to buy for my food. I never thought of needing money before leaving the orphanage.

I sit back in disappointment. When I roll my eyes at the side where the guy sat, I saw a cup. It was a coffee, and a note sticks at the side of the cup.

Enjoy the coffee. You haven't eaten for two days, so I bring you one.

I wish I could know you even more. But I haven't gone home because I'm guarding you. My parents were probably mad at me now.

Anyway, I left this coffee, just now, so you can fill your stomach.

A smile creeps across my face, feeling lucky. But knowing that he hasn't gone home just because of guarding me makes me I hate myself. I felt so bad for him; I haven't treated him well when I first saw him. See, I haven't been connected with other people since I was jailed in the orphanage. This is all the nuns' fault for not helping me communicate well with others.

Anyway, he didn't put his name at the note, but whoever he is, I'm grateful he helped me. He's a blessing from Lorien, I guess. I drink the coffee freely and plan again how to get out of here and move in other places.

Suddenly, I heard a person talking in a TV. That's news. I walk towards the store from where I heard it, it shows, me?

The news tells about a girl escaping, first ever, in the orphanage. I'm famous now, telling the world I'm indeed the first kid in that freaking orphanage to get out. It's like one of the movies in TV about people who were stuck in a house, but only one survived because of some horror activities. I guess I survived the house...