5. Stay on Eleventh

(Greyson's POV)

I ran back to the shore where my capsule landed in Dampier with my car. The place looks different since the last time I came here. Once I reach the shores, I sit in the sand. My feet's at the wet part where the water rush in back and forth.

I wonder in every island I see across the horizon. It's so far, technically covered by fogs. It looks mysterious, but what lays there, is something I wanted to find out.

The earth is so big. It'll be harder to find the other member of the Garde. I wish the guy in Brazil was my brother. I don't have any evidences about something that's related to Lorics except that news. But I also don't have any choice. I have to go there.

I brought my Chest with me so I can check out some stuff that can help me. Somehow, I managed to open it. I swipe my hand across the Loric carvings and over the lid and then it clicks. Gosh, I never thought of that ever since.

Inside, I found stones, cubes, gems, and other smaller objects I can't name. I place my hand over the Chest and think what I'm going to pick first.

Under a red cube, I saw a ball. I pick it up and lean over to smell it. Well, it doesn't produce any scent, but the ball has dozens of small smooth craters. I don't get it, so I throw it back on my chest, but before I can even do that, the ball shakes so fast it looks like a blur now. I panicked so I dropped the ball accidentally. The ball suddenly duplicates into more balls the same size and color. I counted them, it was five. I snatch back the real ball, and then all the other four collides softly at my hand, forming the ball into one again.

That's strange. It copies itself, but the replicas look real. The same texture and all. I can even hold them, but maybe once the real ball was touched, the others turn back.

I throw it back the Chest and choose another. I dig my hand deeper inside and touch a metal orb. It wasn't spiked, or cratered, but it has a triangular button at the center. Weird for me because it looks like a slice of pizza.

When I press the button and two dull bars springs at the both sides of the orb so it looks like a pair of wings. I guess it was a handle because the orb flattened long and turn into a softer version of sphere, where I can place my hand over. At the front, a long, pointed metal piece spring out. That resembles a sword now.

"No way," I muttered, and then smiled jerkily.

I press the button again and it turns back into a normal orb in five seconds. I press it again, and again.

"Hey," says a young voice behind me.

I closed my chest immediately and hide the orb at my pocket. I stand up and saw a girl about my age.

"Hi," I tell her. "I did not see you coming."

"Yeah, I... I always see you there, right from where you're standing, every tenth day of a month. I was just hoping, maybe we can be friends..."

I haven't mentioned that the girl's right. I always visit Dampier's seashores every tenth day of the month to check the sunset. Reminds me of Lorien, and plans how to find the others at the same time.

I try to talk, but no words came out. My mouth stays open. She reaches out for my hand and smiles wonderfully. "Clara," she says.

"Oh, um, Greyson," I reply. "Nice name... and smile, too."

"Thank you," she responds as she sits down near me and brushes her blond hair. She pats the sand telling me to sit down with her.

"So, how did you know I always visit this place?" I ask. "Are you what, like spying on me or something?"

"Spying?" she snorts. "No. My house is just over there." She points at a small brown house near from where the trees are. "My father and I are alone. But he always goes at the city for, I don't know, a business I think. That's why I'm the only one in the house. I always watch the sun rise and set, you know."

"Cool," as soon as I said it, I regret it because Clara forlornly looks down at her feet. She looks up again across the horizon, then into me.

We talk more of ourselves. I'm glad I have someone to talk with, or maybe share some of my stories, but not about me being an alien. I wanted to tell her that, though, but I knew I can't. I must trust no one. What if she's secretly working for the Mogs? Nah, just kidding. That's absurd.

But anyway, I told her stories which are close to my real stories. Like, my parents died when I was young, I'm alone now and find people who are going to help. I wanted her to know that somehow, I planned to tell her the truth. Instead, I told her the close one. It's my first time meeting her, so maybe I should know her even more.

She told me her stories. They were fascinating; her life is wonderful just like her. I mean, just like her stories. All she has is her father who works just to impress her. I wonder how it feels to have an amazing father just like her.

"When I first saw you here, I waited for you to come back until I remember when you always come here. Every tenth day, uh? Is there something special about it? Girlfriend or family?"

"No, it's just-" Before I can finish my line, a man's voice shouted calling Clara's name.

"That's my dad," she says as she cleans herself from sands all over her legs. "Probably wants a hug. He always want one when he always come home."

She walks away, but she hesitates for a moment and stop. She looks back me at me, brushing off her long bangs to reveal her beautiful eyes.

"Are you going back here tomorrow, even if it's the eleventh day?"

I made a sigh. I don't know, if I stay here, I don't have a place to sleep. Alice Springs is half way across Australia and it'll take days to travel back and forth with just my car. Well, I have a car but...

"I will!" I yell back. She makes a little smile again, and then waves her hand above her head.

Then she headed back to her house.