18. How We Train

(Greyson's POV)

We went on the farther side of the deck, the opposite of the quarterdeck. The place is wide enough for us to practice and show our Legacies; even I can raise torrents of water in here.

I first remember back about how I got my Legacies, and so is Fifteen. We talk about it; sure it was fun and all. But we're still expecting more Legacies to develop. I was hoping about the other three Garde, Eleven, Twelve and my brother, to develop more powerful Legacies than us. And I was just thinking about what would their powers would be. And how about the Chosen Garde.

"Ok, so I remember before I left Australia, the time I fought with the Mogs, I think I developed a Legacy," I tell Fifteen, as she thinks of something that might be her Legacy but she didn't know. "I'm not sure, but it made me see far things closer."

"Could be," says Fifteen. "But what happened when you felt it's a Legacy?"

"Well, my eyes stung for a minute... and when I open my eyes, I can see the Mogs close to me as if they're just inches away from me."

That was true, that's when Clara sees the Mog and asks me what they are. But after that, I can't remember I did it again. I guess it's just happened once. Except for my goggle-looking glasses, which makes me look more like Cyclops in X-men.

Fifteen walks in circles as if thinking about something like a detective.

"When I was in New York, still living in the orphanage, I got multiple dreams about the Garde. It started from Number One, a girl, up to Number Fourteen."

"Maybe it's just a dream...?"

She flinches. "No, when I was in Mexico, I talked to Eleven during my dream,"

"A vision then," I say. "And that's an empathy link, by the way. You can talk to her in dreams."

"Yes, and I don't think it's just a normal dream," she says, folding her arms across her chest and trying to solve everything. "It's a Legacy right?"

I just nod. We're not sure yet. I believe, too, that it's her Legacy. I knew that not all her Legacies are dark and I want to prove her that.

"Let's consider them all, but remember to keep trying, okay?" I tell Fifteen. "Try to talk to Eleven again tonight, and if we're right, talk to the others too."

She nods. I know it's going to work. And I'm going to try also about my telepathy. I mean, I'm not sure I have that one, but I have to assume.

Suddenly, I remember why we're here. To practice. So I start to think about what we would do to train our abilities.

"Fifteen," I call. "I want you to change this place into a place like, a catacomb or something, with full of swords hanging on the walls. Then walk until you reach a door at the end."

Fifteen raises her eyebrow, probably doesn't think my plan wasn't a good idea.

"What? Are you mad? What if I fell in the sea because of walking straight ahead to that door?"

"You've got to trust me," I say. "Come on, and bring me with you."

After a while of confusion, she nodded, and then concentrates.

Suddenly, the scenes change into a cave, swords hanging on the wall. I made her think that so she can use this place when there's a Mog attack.

"Listen, you're going to use this place when a Mog attacks you alone," I suggest. "Or if you can, you should change a place a lot better than this."