26. Departure

(Greyson's POV)

"Told you I found nothing about your brother," Fifteen says as I keep on insisting that there might be news about him.

I'm using my same old laptop, which was not yet protected but Fifteen admits she used it while I'm reading the letter. This time, I try to reformat and delete all the existing files. I don't mind. But Fifteen keeps on saying that we must break it already before the Mogs find us again.

"They said they will always find us, and you will just reformat it, like nothing's going to happen and we'll be fine and all?" she says.

She raises her eyebrows like a worried one, and she spreads her arms with open palms as if to declare something. But I ignore her. I decide to search news about stories in places we've gone.

"Uh, Greyson!" she says as she sits down beside me in defeat.

"Okay fine, I'm going to destroy this tomorrow, when we leave," I say finally. "Gosh, Fifteen, calm down."

I made a little laugh despite of the problems we've been facing. Like I said, it's better to smile and move on than to grieve for what has happened already. Tomorrow, I'm going to meet Clara. Eleven and Fifteen will be off to find Twelve somewhere in Europe. We're going to separate, so why not spend the time.

"Try to open the Device," I suggest. "It'll help."

"I did... when you're reading the letter," she says. "But, fine. I will. While you're busy finding news about you silly brother."

I laugh again for that. She was funny when she's like that to me. Not to mention about what happened with our argument when we're in a hotel.

Fifteen stands up and went to get the Device. It's been days since I last check on that thing. I don't know where Fourteen is now, or Twelve.

The screen on my laptop shows various news about Brazil. One tells about a supernatural disaster happened in Rio de Janeiro. Two kids, a boy and a girl, were captured. It was definitely me and Fifteen. It shows our back, so with that we're still safe. Another older guy was at the right side of the screen. It was Rex, who was assumed to be our father. Well, Rex wasn't that old. He just look like one because of his small beard.

Then it hit me. Why did the Mogs never remove this? They were supposed to delete this like the other news happened.

I study the other sites. A news about firing in Philippines. It says that there were no found any casualties. Heck, if they'd only know how my father died out there to save us!

Suddenly the pictures went blank. It says something like: PHOTO NOT FOUND. I try to refresh the page, but it did nothing. Still the same blank photos. I look over the Brazil news, and it was the same. Like I was expecting this to happen, and now it did happen.

Whoever did this, it might be the Mogadorians, or one of us.

At the corner of my eye, I see Fifteen walks back to me and open the Device. She noticed my emotion, so she looks at me and into my laptop.

"Well?" She asks, placing her hands at the both side of her hips.

"The photos," I say. "They were gone. Do you think the Mogs did this?"

She sits near me and clicks the button on the Device. "I've used your laptop many times. Whenever I use my secret account, a Mog would comment and message me. Elders of Lorien, I never expected the Mogadorians would be the one to chat with me via internet. So it's possible for me."