√chapter thirty four

Author's POV

"Bhai!"

He found a warm touch on his shoulder which caused him to almost jump out of his place. He fluttered opened his eyes and looked around and then at himself. He was sitting on the hospital's steel bench. He was full of sweat and his heart was beating crazily like someone had put it on a race.

"Are you fine?" He gazed up to find his sister staring at him with some worrisome expressions...

"Huh? Yes...yes, I am," he whispered some broken words.

"What time is it, Nofil?" He questioned.

"It's three in the morning, Bhai," she mumbled while looking at the watch on her wrist.

He took a deep breath of relief. It was a dream. A horrible one but thankfully a dream. He licked his dried lips as his eyes found the OT's door where his life was fighting with life and death. His reason to breathe, his love of life, and his everything.

He squeezed Nofil's hand on his shoulder before softly separating it and stood up. Hastily he moved to the front and peeped through the small glassy window of the OT where he could see some surgeons and doctors busy in their work. A gasp left his mouth spotting her pale face, lying there unconscious.

"Bhabi will be fine, Bhai," he turned his head to the right and nodded to his sister who showed him an assuring smile.

"Where is Mom?" He asked.

"She is offering Fajar prayer," she replied.

'Whenever I feel down, I offer Namaz. Whenever my family hurts me, I turn toward Allah. It's like I am talking to HIM and HE is calmly listening to me, consoling me.'

He suddenly remembered Zainab's words.

"Nofil, take care of Mom. I'll be right back," he announced and was about to go when Nofil held his arm.

"Where are you going, Bhai?" She raised a brow in confusion.

"To offer Fajar prayer," he retorted with a smile and took big steps to go out of the hospital, his direction towards the conjoined mosque.

He glanced up at the majestic mosque and said the supplication for entering the mosque. Gradually, he took off his slippers and strolled towards the area specific for doing ablution. He raised his sleeves till his elbow and crouched down near one of the water taps. Enthusiastically, he started performing wudhu with every water droplet touching his body sending calming sensations to his every pore.

After doing ablution, he turned behind and walked over to the prayer area. Many men were already saying their namaz behind the Imam Sahab. He stood in the last row and started performing the prayer.

The prayer ended and almost everyone left the mosque, but not him. He was still sitting in Allah's house. Raising his both palms and joining them in form of dua, he suddenly cried when Zainab's face came in front of his eyes.

"Oh Allah, you are the most merciful and the most gracious. You...you can make every impossible possible. You know the secrets of hearts. Here...here I came at your door for my Zainab. Please give her a life. Please give her back to me. I promise I won't hurt her ever. I will cherish and love her forever. Please make her come to consciousness. I beg you to ease her pain, Oh Allah," he was full of tears now. He placed both palms on his face.

"Beta, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Shaiq abruptly looked up hearing a gentle voice. It was Imam Sahab who was leading the prayer a while ago. He had a long white beard wearing a grey lengthy cloth and a white turban on his head.