√chapter five

Zainab's POV

I stared dumbfoundedly at Nofil and then the phone in her hand. I was sure he would cut the call the minute he would listen to my voice but it was not easy for me to reject this adamant girl, sitting in front of me, looking at me with excitement. I passed a small smile at her before taking the phone from her with my trembling hands.

I glanced at the phone's screen and my heart started beating like crazy seeing his name glowing on it.

Please don't embarrass me in front of your sister, Shaiq!

Something flickered in my mind and with that, my lips curled up to form a smile. Since Shaiq would be thinking it was his sister whom he would be talking to, I could easily manipulate him by letting him speak first. I would remain quiet and in this way, I would be able to listen to his voice which I was dying to hear for ages.

What a brilliant idea!

I rest my throbbing heartbeats as I slammed my finger on the screen and hastily attached the phone to my ear. I kept my mouth shut so that before me, Shaiq would say something. But to my despair, there was no sound from the other side for a while. After some seconds, a usual bell reverberated ascertaining the fact that the call had been dropped. I took the phone in front of my eyes and stared at it. How the hell that happened?

I pouted my lips as I blankly gazed at the phone and then the owner of this phone who was already looking at me with confusion. Looked like nature also didn't want me to listen to him. Today when he didn't decline the call then it got dropped by itself.

"What's wrong, Bhabi?" Nofil asked me with gritted brows.

"I don't know, maybe the call has dropped by itself," I mumble while passing the phone towards her.

I recklessly looked out of the car and seeing my coffee shop in front of my eyes, my jaw dropped. I am sure I would be so late now. I should did hurry and got there as soon as possible.

"Should I dial his number again?"

I came back to the present when Nofil again asked me. I turned my face towards her and looked at her.

"No need. I am already late for my job. I think I should go now. Thanks for your help, Nofil," I quickly said as I opened the car's door and get out of it.

I took quick and swift steps towards the coffee shop. I hastily pushed its door and walked inside. My eyes roamed here and there is a hope that my boss wouldn't be here or else I was dead. I took a puff of relief when I didn't find him anywhere. I should go, wear my uniform and start my duty. With that thought in my mind, I hastily rushed towards inside when I bumped into something solid.

"If I wouldn't have lifted the tray, the whole coffee would have fallen onto you. Say thanks to me."

I slightly rubbed my head which had got a little hurt by colliding with that someone. On hearing a familiar voice, I lifted my head to met a blue eyes guy who had like always, a smile on his face. His slightly crooked nose was adding more to his handsomeness along with that small brown beard. His eyes were gleaming as he eyed me up and down. As usual, he was wearing a brown and black uniform.

"Meeko, don't bother me right now. I am already late, let me get on my duty quickly or else our boss is gonna scold me," I blurt in haste as I nudged his chest with my hand and pushed him away.

Mikaal or which everyone here called Meeko was my colleague here. I knew him since I started working here two years ago. He was that funny guy who could irritate you all day with his oh not so funny jokes. At that time, it was not at all my plan to listen to his annoying blabbering. I glare at his smiling face before making my way inside.