❣Special Chapter 2❣

Shaiq's POV

"Shaiq, you should get remarried. Life can't be passed like this and I don't want to become a culprit of your stolen happiness anymore. You should get married to someone else for kids."

Zainab's words caused my whole body to simmer in anger. I couldn't believe she could say something like this. She was thinking of me so petty that I would bring another wife just for the sake of kids. I got her back with much difficulty and only I knew how troubled I was during the time I had to stay away from her.

"What are you saying?" I snarled, completely ignoring the way her eyes widened at my high tone.

I knew she was much hurt than me. She wanted to have children perhaps more than me. And on top of all, she was considering herself as a reason for all this. But I just couldn't bear the idea of me betraying Zainab just because she couldn't become a mother. I loved her and I could live my whole life like this with her. I didn't care about anything at all except her.

"Shaiq---"

"Stop now, Zainab!" I raised a hand at her and stood up. "If you would say anything like this once again, I swear I will do something worse."

After that I walked away towards the room, leaving Zainab confused over my behavior. I didn't want to talk to her like this but I just couldn't even hear what she was telling me to do.

Coming into the room, I headed for the shower to ease out the frustration from my body. When I came back, I found Zainab already there. When she noticed me, she rushed towards me. Perhaps she was thinking that I got angry at her. I threw away the towel on the chair and combed my wet hair.

"Shaiq, at least hear---"

"If you are again at the same thing, I am sorry I don't have the ears to hear you," I interrupted her as I fixed her with a look.

I ignored Zainab and reached towards the bed. Turning the lamp on the bedside table of my side, I laid down on the bed and turned my back towards Zainab.

"But that's not fair with you, Shaiq," Zainab again started.

I closed my eyes to calm myself down before opening them again. "Turn the lights off on your way here. I have an early day tomorrow."

I heard a sigh from Zainab and then the room got bathed in darkness. Zainab sat on the bed beside me and I could feel her eyes at me. She straightened out beside me.

"Shaiq---" she whispered.

I remained quiet.

Zainab placed her hand on my bare bicep. "You have gotten angry, Shaiq. At least don't get mad at me."

I pressed my lips together and then turned towards her. She was also facing me, her eyes were filled with tears. I exhaled in exasperation because indeed whenever she was heartbroken, it was my weak point.

"Your statement was like this," I replied.

"But I didn't mean it in a bad way. You need children if not today then in the future. And when I can't give you what you need then that's the most plausible solution," Zainab tried to explain.

"I don't need anyone other than you, Zainab," I asserted.

A twisted smile came on her lips. "You are saying it right now. After a few years, everyone will ask us why we don't have kids. Then what will you do?"

"I give damn about everyone else," I grumbled. 

Zainab held my hand. "And what about Aunt? How many people are going to be empty-handed just due to me?"