[ 𝟐 ]

The sound of the school dismissal bell was heard throughout the building. I let out a relieved sigh and grabbed my peach-colored backpack. As I walked down a couple of flights of stairs, my eyes scanned around. Giselle, Winter, and I walked home together every day.

"Minnie!" Winter waved with a huge smile on her face.

"Finally, another day of school is over," I said.

The three of us chatted about our day and we walked to the school gates. As usual, Giselle complained about her history teacher. I gazed at the front of the school building where countless students were finding their way to the bus. Amongst the crowd, I spotted a tall figure with a red hoodie searching for a bus. Next to him were two people I didn't recognize. The tall figure's eyes lit up and he pointed to a bus. The two boys next to him thanked him and boarded the bus.

My lips curved upwards, just a tiny bit.

"Ooooh, looks like someone's falling in love," Giselle whispered to me.

"It's not like that," I defended. "I was just, uh-"

"Minnie, you literally look like the heart eye emoji right now."

I opened my mouth to speak but found no words to say.

"Do you know who those two kids were next to Lucas?"

Lucas was the tall figure in case you were wondering. He's the one Giselle and Winter always tease me about.

"I think they were new students," Winter said. "Jisung and Chenle."

"Makes sense," I replied. "Lucas must've been helping them find their bus. He's a nice person, you know."

Huge grins grew on Giselle and Winter's faces. They looked at each other smirking. This happened way too often and I knew exactly what was going to happen. My cheeks heated up in a second and I playfully hit their arms with my lunch bag.

"Guys, stop it," I whined.

Giselle and Winter broke into giggles.

"You like Lucas," Winter said in a matter-of-fact way.

"No, I don't." I folded my arms.

"Yes, you do."

"No."

"Yes."

"No, no, no."

Giselle giggled and pinched my cheeks.

"You look like a cute red panda," she said.

I groaned which caused more laughter.

"Mingxia, we all know you like him. It's no use trying to deny it," Giselle announced.

"Well, he doesn't even notice me," I pouted.

"Maybe you should try to match his fashion taste," she suggested.

"Yeah, I don't know if that will work," I replied.

"Come on, we can at least try. Let's go shopping this weekend. I need to buy some jewelry too."