[ 𝟐𝟐.𝟏 ]

The curtains were pushed to the ends of the window, letting in the strong sunlight. I squinted, then rolled over to the other side of the bed to avoid looking at the bright light from outside.

"Thank goodness it's a Saturday and not a Monday," Winter said, her voice seeming distant.

"The sun," I mumbled. "Too strong."

She let out a sigh and walked away. I could barely hear her footsteps or the curtains returning to their earlier state. Someone, most likely Winter, patted my back and signaled me to roll over.

"Why'd you wake me up so early?" I whispered.

"It's not early; it's 9 am in the morning."

"Oh."

For the next few minutes, Winter helped me sit up straight, burp, and take me to the bathroom. Fortunately, the bathroom lights were dim unlike the sun outside. My head swung to the side as I glanced a Winter who laughed.

"You really did drink too much," her voice clearer than before.

I chuckled in response, then held my stomach and leaned over the toilet. Winter grabbed my hair and held it away from the potential disaster. No vomit was released and I looked back at her, both of us breaking into laughter.

"Come outside, I'll get you some water and food. You must be hungry."

We returned to Winter's bed—she'd brought me to her dorm since mine was further away—and waited for the Ramyeon to cook. The both of us sat in silence: she scrolled through her phone and my mind wandered off to last night.

"Let's get you some water," Sicheng stood up but I tugged his sleeve in an effort to make him stay.

"I want to go with you!"

The sound around me felt muffled, my surroundings were blurry.

All I knew was that Sicheng was in front of me. The tall lamp beside us painted golden spots on his chocolate brown hair. He seemed taller than usual and I tugged his sleeve once again. He looked away, the light hitting his eyes and painting them caramel brown.

"You're cute."

The pair of brown eyes filled with surprise and his lips parted slightly. In a second, he was gone, like a leaf blown away by the wind.