[ 𝟏𝟕 ]

I stood in front of a tawny brown wooden door. With a moment of hesitance, I looked around me. People were walking through the hallways, and groups hung around the corners talking to each other. I turned back to look at the door and finally knocked.

Today was my first day at Seoul National University. I was so excited that I had been accepted to this college.

The door stayed still for a few minutes so I knocked again. Then, it opened slightly and an eye peered outside. As it completely opened, the door revealed a girl who stood there. She was around my height and had wavy blonde hair that looked as if she had just curled it. Her makeup was on point—in fact, it didn't even look like she had makeup on. The rose pink blush blended in with her glossy skin and matched with her bubblegum pink lip gloss that made her lips look fuller.

Everything about her was beautiful, except for the expression of disgust displayed on her face.

"Who are you?" she asked in Korean, with a somewhat high-pitched tone.

"Oh, um," I paused. "I'm Wang Ming-"

"Ugh, you must be the roommate."

She rolled her eyes and went back inside. I know my Korean wasn't the best since it was not my first language, but I'm trying my best to communicate perfectly. I followed her and saw the interior of the room which felt kind of split in half. The right half of the room had a bright yellow aesthetic, while the left side was empty with just a basic bed and desk. The girl gestured towards the right and claimed it as hers and left me with the other side, as expected.

"Just so you know, I like to take long showers in the morning so I would recommend taking your shower before mine. That does mean you would need to wake up earlier than me so don't make any noise otherwise you'll run my beauty sleep which means you'll ruin my pretty face-"

She paused and walked up to her full-length mirror to check herself out, then put her hand on her forehead and dramatically sighed like a damsel in distress.

"- my beautiful, gorgeous, and perfect face cannot be ruined!"

The girl tucked a lock of her blonde hair—which I realized she had dyed not natural upon a closer look—and lightly touched her lips.

"Oh my, this shade of lip gloss just won't do!" she exclaimed.

She hurried over to her colossal dandelion-yellow dresser and opened a drawer. As I stood there in silence, she rummaged through three drawers and finally found another shade of lip gloss. Meanwhile, I carried my luggage inside the room and set it next to the bed. I quickly began unpacking my bags, not wanting to waste any time. Soon, my roommate came and interrupted me with a surprised gasp.

"Um, can I look at the keychain on your backpack?" she asked politely, in a tone that was completely different from when I had first met her.

"Uhh...sure..." I hesitated but she grabbed my backpack and stared at a sky-blue keychain.

"Omg, this is an EXO keychain! That even, a premium edition one! Where did you get it?" she asked me.

"Uhh, a friend gave it to me," I informed.

The keychain was actually from Giselle back in high school. She had a stock of KPop merchandise she was selling at school and while I don't listen to KPop a lot, I wanted to support her. So I ended up buying that keychain because I thought it was cute.

The girl handed my backpack to me as her phone rang and she picked it up. While talking, she left the room, leaving me with my unfinished luggage business. After unpacking everything, I picked up my phone and called my mom.

"Hello Ma, how are you doing?" I asked.

"Dear, I am doing well. How is college? Did you make any new friends? How is your roommate? Is the canteen food good?" My mom greeted me with a series of questions.

I laughed and said, "One by one, Ma. College is good, it was hard to find my dorm at first but some students helped me out so I reached it safely. I'm still trying my best to make friends but I'm sure I'll make some soon so don't worry about that. I have Winter you know, we're going to the same college. As for my roommate, well...she's okay. Not the best, but I'll work with what I've got. The canteen food is okay, I really miss your homemade food though."

"Aww, do you want me to ship some food to you dear?"

"No, no, it's fine. I'm pretty sure there are some Chinese restaurants nearby. I'll eat there when I can. But I mean, home food is just different."

Before I heard my mother's reply, my roommate swung open the door and walked inside with a guy next to her who I assumed was her boyfriend since they were holding hands. Her laughter was so loud you could hear it from Pluto. However, she stopped when she looked at me.

"Love you Ma," I sighed and ended the call with my mom.

Her boyfriend had an awkward expression on his face and whispered to the girl and they left the room.