[ 𝟑 ]

"Minnie, nothing is going to happen if you don't talk to him," Giselle said.

I pouted and rested my chin on my right hand which was propped up on the table. She took a bite from her lunch and continued to stare at me with a questioning look. I looked away, my eyes landing on Lucas's lunch table. It was another day of school and the tables in the corner were super loud as always. However, I never minded it since Lucas and his friends always sat there.

"You completely changed your look, I'm sure he will notice you this time," Winter said. "You just need to try."

When we went shopping, Giselle and Winter helped me try new styles of fashion. We finally decided upon a pair of light pink sweat pants with a daisy white crop top. Along with the pants was a matching jacket topped off with a baby pink cap and silver hoop earrings. They had urged me to pick something with much colder colors but none of them suited my taste so I settled with the color pink. Giselle let me borrow her scarlet red waist bag—correction, she put the bag in my hands claiming that it would make my outfit look bold. She recommended that I style it by putting it on the shoulder.

"Yeah, come on. We're here for you," Giselle added.

"If you want, we'll come along to drop you off."

I sighed and glanced back at my friends. Winter had a puppy dog face and nudged Giselle to make one too. They knew it always worked on me.

"Fine," I stood up.

Both of them cheered and we walked over to his table. As soon as we reached, Winter let out a small squeal. Giselle shushed her. I guessed it was about Jungwoo.

"Go on," Giselle patted my back and gave an encouraging smile.

I gulped and tapped a tall guy with brown hair. Today, he wore a royal blue jacket with white and grey sweatpants. He didn't turn around at first. However, his friends were quick to notice me and gestured toward me. One of them was a familiar black-haired boy. Hendery. I mean, now he's Wong Kunhang to me. It hurt to see him sometimes but I shrugged it off.

Lucas finally turned around and faced me. He had his usual big smile with huge eyes that reminded me of a dog.

"Um, hi," I waved and gave a small smile.

"Hey, you're Mingxia right?" Lucas replied.

I nodded and fixed my light pink jacket.

"Nice to see you again! Did you need something?"

"I, uh," I started to speak but felt something stuck in my throat.

Lucas maintained eye contact with his enthusiastic eyes. I smiled back and shook my head.

"I just wanted to say hi," I replied. "Okay, thank you, bye."

In a second, I was back at my table sitting in front of Winter and Giselle. I slammed my forehead to the table and sighed.

"Hey, you tried your best okay," Winter comforted me. "You talked to him, that's good."

"But he probably thinks I'm so weird."

"Look, what you did takes a lot of courage. Be proud of yourself. Practice this and you'll be able to keep a conversation with him in no time," Giselle patted my shoulder.

I turned my face towards Lucas and rested my cheek on the table.

One day, I will confess to you.