Ch.38- Scylla and Chyribdis

Annabeth ' POV

I sat uncomfortably between the cyclops and the big vampire,Elmo or whatever. They were both extremely large and there was little space for me though I am not very big.

I glanced behind me at Percy,who was holding the thermos of wind. He was so handsome with the wind blowing through his dark hair. I scowled in remember of the small vampire back at camp.

What is going on between those two? I thought.

It's probably nothing. Percy would never do that.

But female vampires have been known for luring men into their traps. A voice in the back of my head whispered and I clenched my fist.

"The sea is beautiful." Tyson said suddenly, with everyone else agreeing. I stayed silent and studied his face.

He was a bit pale with wild,uncontrollable hair. I watched with disappointment as the spray on mist wore off. Slowly,as if his face were made of cloud,his two eyes parted and dissapeared to reveal his one extremely large eye.

"Umm,your . . . .face . . .it's . . .Umm . . ." I stumbled over my words.

He gasped. "It's gone! Oh no . . " He searched his backpack frantically for the spray bottle.

Having locates the small bottle,he gave it a few squirting on his face only to find that it was empty. He looked absolutely crestfallen. And then I realized . . .

He hates what he is. He doesn't want to be a cyclops,a. . . freak.

I shook the thought off. He is what he is. A cyclops. Cruel and evil.

Always.

Bella's POV.

I watched the small transaction between Tyson and Annabeth. I still can't understand why she hates him so much. Well, I can but . . He's different. And he technically is my brother.

"Oi!" I heard Percy exclaim and turned towards him. He was looking at the huge pointed objects rising out of the water,some very near to our boat.

"Sharks?" Jasper gussed.

"Big sharks. " Tyson replied.

"No,there really aren't goona be this many sharks in the Sea of Monsters. " I said poking at the jagged figures that littered the ocean for a mile.

Theses were no ordinary figures. They seemed to be in lines that went in a circle but what is it . . .

I pursed my lips. What is it?

"SCYLLA!!" I heard Annabeth scream and was struck with horror. Guardian of the Sea of Monsters.

"Percy! A little more wind please!" I yelled.

"There is no more!"

"What?!" I turned to find him holding nothing. "Where's the fucking bottle?!"

"One fo the teeth hit my hand and I dropped it!"

Well damn.

"EVERYONE PADDLE!" Emmet roared.

Each and every one if grabbed a paddle,some having to paddle with the hands in an attempt to get away from the gaping hole.

But it was no use. Our boat sped towards the mouth and shit my eyes and we approached it.

The boat tipped . . . .

AN: I'm so sorry for not updating you guys! But as I said in and essay to my followers was that my phone was taken for 2 weeks due to grades. That was nightmare.

I really hope you guys liked the chapter!!! But summer vacation is coming in 3 weeks so the I'll have more free time to update!!!!!! :)