Ch. 4- I can't see!

{Edited}

Edward's POV

We raced across the states at the speed of the light.

Kansas, Ohio. I named each state we passed.

We finally stopped to rest and hunt. I didn't want to stop, but I knew I could only go so long and fast until I become blood crazy and start killing everyone.

I drained a few elk, then waited for my family to come back. Of, course, Alice was first to return.She wanted to talk to me.

Edward, can we talk about this? She thought.

"Fine, what Alice."

"It's about Bella."I goaned.I did not need her scolding me when we were so close.

"Just hear me out, please?" She got on her knees infront of me and gave me that irresistible puppy look of hers. I sighed.

"Go on, I'm listening. " I told her.

"How do we know if Bella will be happy to see us? I mean, we left, you left. She was probably heart broken -No. I know she was heartbroken. You know that I know that this will not be an easy forgiveness." She gave me an accusing look.

"I know, but I'm hoping that she still loves me and will forgive me. You're the phsycic, you tell me how she'll react."

She frowned and her forehead creased.She started pacing around in a circle.

"That's just it, I have been trying to see, but I can't, it's like, there's this barrier shielding her from me."

I was stunned ."What did you say?"

She spun on me and practically growled in my face,"Read my lips, brother, I. Can't. See. YOU HEAR THAT?!"

I began to worry.If Alice couldn't see, then how would we know what to expect. We could be running to our deaths.

But I knew I had to see my Bella again. No matter what.

The rest of us arrived and we set off once more.I made my legs run faster, eager to see the love of my life.I just hoped she would except me once more.