Chapter One

Upon no response, Taehyung turns around, feeling the rain hit him as he steps out from under the house's roof. He focuses on the pitter-patter of the rain.

He ignores the fact that he's bare-footed, allowing his feet to dig into the muddy ground. He ignores the way his body tremors from the cold of the rain. He ignores the heavy weight on his chest.

'It's better to do this now,' Taehyung tells himself. 'Before, I lose myself.'

"Taehyung!" he hears but continues walking. He doesn't know where to but he just wants to get away. "Taehyung!" his pursuer sounds closer now. With a tug on his arm, Taehyung stops walking.

"Where are you going?" his pursuer questions, worry evident in his voice.

"Since you won't leave, I will," Taehyung announces. Though he can't even see, he keeps his body turned away from him. "Now, let go of me," Taehyung orders, yanking his arm out of his grip. He only takes one step until he's interrupted.

"I will never leave you!" Taehyung freezes. "As I promise, I'll only leave when you don't need me anymore-"

"I don't need you anymore!" Taehyung turns around, fists clenched. "So leave and never come back. I don't want to hear your voice anymore, Seokjin."

Taehyung lets the words sink in, realizing that though he said them to cut Seokjin, he feels them cutting into himself as well.

However, this seems to have done it for only the rain replies to Taehyung.

Then shakily and barely audible, Seokjin doesn't give up, "I'll only leave you when you're able to see the beauty of the world again." Taehyung's fists unclench, falling to his side. He could feel the rain running off of them. "Then, if you still want me gone, I'll leave."

Taehyung's hand falters as he feels Seokjin pick up his hand. "So," Seokjin's voice is quieter now. "Let's go back inside." Taehyung doesn't fight it as Seokjin leads him through the rain.

'Why?' he wonders as he focuses on Seokjin's hand around his. 'Why are you still here?' He focuses on the warmth of Seokjin's hand. 'Why haven't you left me?'

***(Four months ago)***

Taehyung pulls his sunglasses off, letting his eyes meet the sun. He closes them, seeing how the light still manages to peak through.

He turns towards the voice, keeping his face void of any emotions. "You've grown so much!" the alpha male notes, eyes wide in shock and what looks like happiness but Taehyung doesn't believe it.

"A lot happens in thirteen years, doesn't it?" Taehyung asks rhetorically. At this, the alpha's eyes flicker and his expression becomes downfallen.

Taehyung brushes past him, heading towards the car which is still the same as it was thirteen years ago. He waits for the alpha to catch up, waiting for the car to unlock. Once it does, he sets his luggage in the back, sitting there as well. He dismisses the alpha's dismay and glances out the window.

He stays like this for the entire car ride until they arrive at the farm. Not missing a beat, Taehyung gets out of the car, taking his luggage with him. The alpha follows him, though a lot slower. "Let me help you," he offers and Taehyung accepts, handing him his suitcase and duffel bag.

The alpha takes it and heads inside, assuming Taehyung will do the same. However, he doesn't. Instead, he slips away. Following the familiar paths, Taehyung's eyes roam the strawberry plantation as he makes his way to his desired destination.

It looks like the strawberries are just about ready to be planted. The cycle has begun again.

Taehyung's hard shell cracks just a bit as he reaches the maple tree. The tree is full and adorned with leaves of green. The breeze bristles his hair and the familiar scent of the maple tree greets him.