Chapter Twelve

"Okay," Jungkook breathes out. "It's done," he adds, out of breath.

From the sounds and duration of it, Taehyung believes him. He stands up and using his white cane, walks over to where Jungkook is. He reaches his hand out until it touches the polyester wall. "And the firewood?"

"All set up and ready for the bonfire," Jungkook tells him. "I'll light it up whenever you're ready."

"Can you light it now?" Taehyung pulls his hand back and walks toward Jungkook.

"Sure," Jungkook replies.

As Jungkook works, Taehyung sits on the lawn chair beside him. "Thanks for helping me with this. It means a lot to me," he appreciates.

"Mmh," Jungkook hums.

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you earlier," Taehyung apologizes.

Jungkook chuckles softly, "It's fine." It's silent as the fire slowly crackles to life. "Besides, as much as I don't want to say this, he does match you better than me."

The comment almost tugs the corner of Taehyung's lips up, but he restrains himself. He hears Jungkook stand up. "Okay, the bonfire's all ready. You should go get Seokjin."

"You don't want to stay?" Taehyung asks.

"No," Jungkook declines. "If I stay, it won't be romantic."

~~~~

Taehyung inhales for ten seconds and then exhales for another ten seconds. His whole body feels weird. He keeps shaking and can feel his nerves eating him from the inside out.

After Jungkook left, he quickly went to go get Seokjin. However, now that he is standing outside of their bedroom where Seokjin is located inside, he's starting to second-guess himself.

He doesn't want to be overstepping Seokjin's boundaries and come off too strong. Yet, he also wants to sway Seokjin and show him that he cares about him a lot—more than he ever cared for anyone else.

As if understanding his mission, his heart calms down a bit, allowing him to function properly and knock on the door. Taehyung quickly rehearses what to say in his mind before Seokjin reaches the door.

"Yes, Taehyung?" Seokjin's voice greets his ears as the door opens.

Taehyung's mouth stays agape for a second before he speaks. "Uh...would you like to spend the evening with me outside?" The silence is deafening and he can only focus on the rushing of nerves eating at him.

"...Sure."

As they walk together down the stairs and out to the backyard, Taehyung starts to feel a lot better. Even though Seokjin doesn't say anything else, he feels better just by having him agree to be with him.

He opens the door for Seokjin, letting him step out first. He hopes that Seokjin likes it. When thinking of ways to get closer to Seokjin, he thought of spending an evening out together with nature watching over them. But he knew he couldn't prepare everything with him lacking the sight to do so. That's why he asked for Jungkook's help.

Taehyung knows they've arrived when he hears the bonfire's soft crackling. "Do you like it?" he asks, eager to please Seokjin. Seokjin doesn't say anything so Taehyung takes a couple of more steps towards the crackling of the bonfire. "I asked Jungkook to help me set this up," he gestures in front of him.

"I like it," Seokjin finally says at last. "It's nice." Beaming, Taehyung sits down on one of the lawn chairs situated in front of the bonfire, telling Seokjin to do the same. Once Seokjin sat down, he reaches into the mini cooler by his feet and takes out two cold drinks. He opens one and gives it to Seokjin who thanks him before taking it.