Chapter Ten

Seokjin's eyes fly open, landing on Taehyung's handsome and gentle face. Surely, Seokjin heard wrong. The rain must be messing with him.

He looks away from him as he pulls his hands away. "Where are you going?" Taehyung asks lowly in his sweet voice, holding onto Seokjin's fingertips.

"I...don't feel so well," Seokjin says, finding himself short of breath.

Concern takes over Taehyung's face and he is quick to say, "Let's go inside." Seokjin is glad to do so.

Once they entered the house, Seokjin doesn't let himself linger in Taehyung's hold, pulling away. "Sorry," he apologizes. "I know you wanted to play in the rain."

"It's fine," Taehyung dismisses his apology. "How are you feeling?" Taehyung asks, stepping towards him. "Do you feel lightheaded or do you feel hot?" He holds out a hand as if to feel Seokjin's forehead for a temperature.

Seokjin pulls his hand down. "I just feel a little nauseous. But I think I'll be fine after some rest." Taehyung nods, even though he looks like he has more to say.

"I'll go rest in the living room now," Seokjin tells Taehyung. He shuffles away, unable to face the alpha.

After taking off his raincoat, Seokjin sits on the sofa. Leaning back, he closes his eyes and tries to forget what Taehyung had said. He had to have heard wrong or it must have been some sort of miscommunication.

"I brought you some water," Taehyung announces, standing in the middle of the living room, back turned to Seokjin.

"Th-thanks," Seokjin expresses his gratitude. Upon hearing his voice, Taehyung turns around.

"Here," Taehyung says as he holds the glass of water out, angled slightly away from Seokjin.

Seokjin takes the glass, feeling horrible about making Taehyung cater to him. He takes a sip as Taehyung sits beside him. "Are you hungry?" Taehyung asks.

Seokjin shakes his head and then realizes that Taehyung can't see. "N-no," he stammers.

Taehyung's hand pats the sofa a few times before he finds Seokjin's hand. He takes it as he apologizes, "Sorry for making you go out into the rain." Seokjin's tenseness dissipates as Taehyung continues. "I didn't mean for you to not feel well."

He turns his head slightly and his eyes meet Seokjin's. Though Seokjin knows that Taehyung is blind, he felt that at that moment, Taehyung could see him. "I just wanted to spend time with you and make you happy," Taehyung confesses, voice calm and velvety.

Seokjin can hear the rhythmic thumping of his heart in the rain. "Forgive me?" Taehyung asks, sincerely. His lips press into a thin line as if worried that Seokjin was angry at him and would not forgive him. His hand that wasn't holding Seokjin's was nervously tapping his knee.

Seeing Taehyung like that, Seokjin just wanted to hug him and protect him from the world's immorality. "You don't need to apologize. You didn't do anything wrong," Seokjin explains. "I'm okay. Besides, me feeling unwell had nothing to do with the rain."

"Then, what was it?" Taehyung questions.

"I just.." Seokjin's voice trails off. "I just get minor headaches at times," he lies, not wanting to tell the truth about how Taehyung's words affected him.

Taehyung clicks his tongue. "You should take care of yourself too. Not just me, okay?" Taehyung scolds with care.

"I know," Seokjin murmurs.

Taehyung leans back, head resting against the sofa. As he closes his eyes and makes permanent the fact that he wouldn't leave Seokjin's side, he speaks softly, "I wouldn't want something to happen to you."