Chapter Two

"I rearranged some of the furniture so they won't be in the way as much," Seokjin tells Taehyung.

Taehyung doesn't say anything as Seokjin leads him. Despite his objection at first, Seokjin's hands are placed on his arm, leading him. He has no other choice but to rely on him since he's still blind and now can't even walk properly.

Seokjin stops walking but Taehyung can tell they're not in his room yet since they haven't gone up the stairs. "I think you should sleep downstairs tonight," Seokjin suggests mildly.

Taehyung's brows furrow at the assumption that he's going to fall again. He yanks his arm out of Seokjin's hold. "I don't want to. I want to sleep in my room," he asserts, not bothering to hide the rudeness in his tone.

"But your ankle hasn't healed and the doctor said to not put any strain on it," Seokjin reasons. The weight of Taehyung's cast reminds him as he contemplates what to do.

"Fine," Taehyung gives in softly. "I'll sleep on the sofa."

"Okay," Seokjin says and Taehyung hears what sounds like a smile in his voice. However, he doesn't care and waits as Seokjin fetches his pillows and blankets.

He does more waiting as Seokjin sets the blankets and pillows on the sofa for him. All of this is done in silence but Taehyung likes it. This way he won't have to deal with Seokjin.

"If you need anything, I'm in the small house in the back," Seokjin tells him as if he doesn't already know.

"Mmh," Taehyung yawns. "You can go," he dismisses Seokjin, wanting to go to sleep already. Seokjin complies and his footsteps recede, disappearing when the back door shuts behind him.

~~~~

A sheen layer of sweat covers Taehyung's whole body as he wakes from his nightmare. He throws the blanket off of him, shivering as he recalls the nightmare which was the car crash all over again.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung whispers shakily even though his father isn't here to hear it. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to," his eyes fill with tears as guilt consumes him.

He sits up as he hears a door creak. His eyes widen as he recognizes the creak. The only door in this house that creaks like that is the door to his father's bedroom.

"Father?" Taehyung questions aloud. No one replies, making him feel foolish. Just as he was about to lie back down, he feels a cold breeze rush past him.

He sits straight up as goosebumps line his skin. Then he gets a whiff of that familiar alpha scent, the scent of his father.

Taehyung's breath gets strangled as he comprehends what is happening. Could it be that his father's ghost is out to get revenge? It must be, because of him his father is dead. He killed his father and now he's back to get revenge.

Taehyung's bottom lip quivers, "I-I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to crash the car. I didn't mean to argue with you. I'm sorry," a tear slips from his eye as his father's scent surrounds him. "I didn't mean to kill you."

He trembles as cold envelop him, his father's scent overwhelming him. 'He must hate me. He's not forgiving me and he never will. He'll take me with him,' Taehyung's thoughts race.

Then as he sits there, feeling his father's presence, he starts to accept the idea. It's a good thing. He has nothing left to live for. It makes sense if his life ends now. He's a horrible person. He doesn't need to live any longer.

"Taehyung?" Taehyung escapes his thoughts as Seokjin's voice interrupts them. He grabs for the sunglasses and puts them on as Seokjin nears. "Is something wrong?" Seokjin asks, sounding concerned.