Chapter Seven

Seokjin's eyes flutter open and he's greeted by the darkness. Recalling the events that occurred shortly before he fell to slumber, he shoots up. Though dark, he can make out the outline of Taehyung sleeping on the mat next to him. Heat rushes to Seokjin's face as he tries to convince himself he dreamt the whole day. It doesn't work, causing him to just want to dig a hole and hide from Taehyung forever.

'He doesn't know, does he?' Seokjin wonders as he stares at Taehyung's sleeping form. 'Surely, by now, he would've figured out that I'm...in heat.'

Thankfully, it seems that Seokjin is not in a wave of heat right now so he'll be able to think rationally. He's starting to regret letting Taehyung into the shed. What was he thinking? He should've done a better job at constraining his omega. He needs to find a way to isolate himself until his heat is over. But how will he? Taehyung is oddly persistent in not leaving him in solitude.

Perhaps, Seokjin can try to bring the alpha back to the big house while he's asleep. That could work. Taehyung won't be conscious either so he can't question him at all. Great.

Seokjin gets up, going over to the light switch. He flips it on. Immediately, his eyes land on the dozens of medicine bottles sprawled all over the floor, the empty water bottle, and the dejected bowl of ramen. This only confirms that his faded memory of earlier is a memory and not a dream.

He feels shame nibble at him, but he tries not to think of it. Unable to handle the mess before his eyes, Seokjin can't help it as his hands start to move on their own accord as he tidies up the room. Once done, he walks back over to Taehyung, wondering how he should transport him. It shouldn't be that difficult. They're about the same size. In fact, he may even have a slightly bigger frame.

He lowers until his knees hit the mat. Taking tiny scoots toward Taehyung, he contemplates how he should carry him out. Apprehensively, his hand reaches out to the sleeping beauty. He holds his breath as he hooks an arm under Taehyung's knees and squeezes an arm under his back. He lets out a small breath. Now, all he has to do is lift him and carry him far, far away.

Seokjin attempts to lift him only to fail miserably. 'When did I become so weak?' he pouts. He tries again, but Taehyung lies stubbornly on the mat. 'Maybe it's better if I carry him on my back. How should I do that...' Seokjin's thoughts are interrupted as he feels a throbbing pain in his forehead. He squeezes his eyes shut, urging the pain to go away to no avail.

He falls back into a sitting position, pressing a hand to his temple. The pain only intensifies and he feels sweat start to form. Cursing, he looks back at the medicine that he just neatly arraigned. He crawls over to them, rummaging through them and trying to find one that will ease his migraine. His hand is trembling so much that when he does find one, he can't even twist the cap off.

Frustration sits on his shoulders as he tries to find another bottle that will be easier to open. All the while, his temperature spikes, and his clothes become annoying as they trap the heat. He pulls on the collar of his shirt, feeling suffocated when he hears movement.

His ears perk and his head whips towards Taehyung who stirs in his sleep. Seokjin can't look away. 'He's so handsome and beautiful,' he finds himself thinking as he crawls back to Taehyung. Moving on its own accord, his hand caresses Taehyung's cheek. Taehyung leans into his touch and this simple, unconscious act makes Seokjin blush. It would be so nice if Taehyung reciprocates just a bit of his feelings. How dreamlike it'd be.

Taehyung's eyes flutter open, causing Seokjin to retract his hand and his dream. "Y-you're awake," Seokjin states as if it wasn't obvious. He clears his throat. He'll just tell Taehyung straight up to leave. "You should-"

Taehyung sniffs the air, "What's that smell?"

Seokjin looks around, smelling nothing out of the ordinary. "What smell?" Taehyung's face softens, but he doesn't look tired. He looks...comfortable?