Chapter Eight

"Ow," Taehyung hisses, causing Seokjin to pull the nail clipper away rapidly.

"Did I cut you?" Seokjin asks, panicked. He brings Taehyung's finger up to his eyes, searching for a cut.

"No," Taehyung replies, blank-faced. "I just imagined how it'd be if you did."

Seokjin clicks his tongue in irritation while Taehyung laughs. "Haha, very funny," Seokjin remarks sarcastically. It's been a week since "that night". Like promised, neither has mentioned it since. Still, it would be a lie if Seokjin says nothing has changed.

Though he was walking on eggshells around Taehyung at first, he realized that by doing so, he would be remembering that night. Therefore, he pretended that it never happened to the best of his ability, doing his best to treat Taehyung like he did before. Taehyung seems to have taken another approach to forget.

He has never called him, "Jin" again or did anything to indicate "that night". But he has been(for a lack of better word), nicer. He was nice before. It's just that now he's more..nice.

This slightly different attitude tugs at Seokjin's heartstrings even more. He knows it's foolish to think that Taehyung could be acting like so for him. Nevertheless, it doesn't hurt to dream.

"I'm done," Seokjin tells Taehyung, dropping his hand.

"Thank you," Taehyung thanked with a soft smile(which Seokjin tells himself he imagined).

~~~~

A yawn leaves Seokjin's lips. He feels like it's been forever since Taehyung went into the bathroom to wash up before going to bed. He doesn't usually take this long. Should Seokjin just skip tonight's shower and go to sleep?

He throws a glance at the mattress, again seeing how tiny it is for two grown men. Perhaps, he should suggest they go back to the big house(the actual house). Or, at least one of them.

The door to the bathroom opens. Taehyung's wet hair is slick back and a towel wraps around his waist. Seokjin's cheeks color pink. Quickly, he rushes past Taehyung, closing the bathroom door behind him.

Seokjin stares as he's met with the sight of the bubble-filled bathtub. Did Taehyung forget to drain the bathtub?

As if reading his mind, Taehyung calls out from the other side of the door, "It's for you." Seokjin blinks, not sure if he's hearing right. "It's good to take bubble baths once in a while to soothe your muscles," Taehyung continues.

"...Thank you," Seokjin lets out quietly.

He's not sure if Taehyung even caught what he said, but it's confirmed that he did when he replies with a, "You're welcome."

Seokjin pulls away from the door and moves towards the bathtub. One of his hands goes under the water, feeling how warm it is. 'Is this why he was taking so long?' he thinks with a small smile.

———————————————————

'That wasn't too much, was it?' Taehyung questions himself. 'Of course not. It was just a small act to show my gratitude.'

He pulls away from the door, moving towards the wardrobe. In his head he counts his steps, 'One...two...three...four...five.' Seokjin had told him to remember the number of steps to certain places to not be so lost.

As he recalls, it's five steps from the bathroom to the wardrobe. Tentatively, he reach out for the wardrobe, afraid that he failed. This conclusion is debunked when his fingers touch the wooden surface of the wardrobe. A smile graces his features at his success.

After getting changed into his blue, silk pajamas(he assumes from the silky material) that Seokjin got for him, he counts his steps to the mattress. Lowering himself, he gets under the warm, cozy blankets.