Chapter Three

"How does your friend look like?" Seokjin asks Taehyung, watching the many cars that zoom by intensely.

"Black hair, tall nose, bright smile, and loud voice," Taehyung describes him. "He'll recognize me," he adds, relaxed.

Seokjin is still restless, having never met Taehyung's friend, Hoseok before. Taehyung insisted that he would come to pick them up and that Seokjin did not need to call for Jungkook.

"I'm going to make a quick call so just wait here for a bit," Seokjin tells Taehyung.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung wonders, hands in midair as Seokjin pulls away.

"Just a few feet away for privacy." To make it more lighthearted, he adds, "I don't want you eavesdropping." Despite saying this, Taehyung still looks uneasy.

Seokjin comes back to him, pulling him down to a bench. "I'll only be a moment," he reassures him. Taehyung doesn't say anything so Seokjin gives his hand a small squeeze before getting up.

As he promised, he only moves a few feet away from Taehyung, keeping him in his line of vision. Then, he pulls out his phone which finally has signal.

He clicks on his mom's contact and his call is quickly answered. "Oh, Seokjin," his omega mom sighs out in relief. "I thought something happened to you. Why didn't you call at all?"

"Sorry, Mom," Seokjin feels a little emotional, hearing his mom's familiar, loving voice after so long. "There isn't signal at the plantation. I'm in a town an hour and a half away from the plantation right now for Taehyung's doctor appointment."

"Oh, is everything alright?" his mom asks, concerned.

"Yeah, everything's fine. It's just a check-up," Seokjin tells her.

"That's good then," his mom sighs in relief. "How'd you like it so far?" she asks.

"It's nice," Seokjin hums. Imagining that he's back on the plantation, he describes, "The air is fresh, the weather is perfect, and the plantation is beautiful."

"That's great," his mother sounds genuinely happy for him. "How about Taehyung?" she eagerly presses next.

"He's doing well," Seokjin answers curtly, sparing a glance at Taehyung who is waiting patiently.

"Yeah and?" Seokjin's mom's voice comes out higher in anticipation.

"And what?" he questions, confused.

"Do you like him? Is he nice? Isn't he handsome?" she bombards, excitedly.

"He's..handsome," Seokjin agrees but struggles to answer the rest. Somehow, he feels that Taehyung still doesn't like him.

"Yeah, but do you like him?" his mom pushes again.

"Uh.." Seokjin feels his face redden. "Yeah," he says sheepishly, telling himself that he's just saying so to make his mom happy. His mom squeals and Seokjin feels even more embarrassed.

"I knew you'd like him. Say, maybe I should visit you two? See the lovebirds you two are," his mom teases.

Seokjin's eyes widen. "You want to visit us?"

"Of course!" his mom says happily, yapping about other stuff that just goes through one ear and out the other.

Seokjin stares at Taehyung, remembering his words from the first time they met, 'Only on paper, are we married. However, I'm not your husband and you're not my husband.'

"It was nice talking to you, Mom but I have to go," he interrupts her. "Taehyung's calling for me. Tell Dad I said bye. Bye!" Seokjin rambles into the phone.