Chapter Eleven

"You are my one and only, Seokjin."

Seokjin's vision of Taehyung blurs as Taehyung's words sink in. No one's ever said anything like that to him before. It creates a feeling in him that he's never felt before. He parts his lips, ready to finally avow his feelings for Taehyung as well.

But as Seokjin stares at Taehyung, a tear breaks free from his eye. Taehyung's face is serene and calm with light pink dusting his cheeks. He's beautiful as always, like a sculpture. His heart is laid out for Seokjin, genuine and sincere. He seems to be holding his breath as he awaits Seokjin's response.

At least, that's what it seems at first glance, but Seokjin knows better. He knows that at the end of the day, Taehyung is an alpha. Sure, his alpha is temporarily out of order. However, it is still a part of him.

Besides, Taehyung has mistaken his feelings. He only thinks he likes Seokjin because Seokjin is the only person he's been with these past few months. With Seokjin also being his caretaker, he mistook his feeling of gratitude as something more. Yes, that is all this is—a mistake.

"Seokjin?" Taehyung whispers, and it makes Seokjin wonder how long he left Taehyung in silence.

"We should go inside," Seokjin says as he stands up. He'll just pretend this never happened. Taehyung is clearly not thinking right. It's been a long day after all. The warm blanket falls off of him and he has to hold himself back from sitting back down to continue sharing the blanket with Taehyung.

He pushes the terrace door open and turns his head back to tell Taehyung to come inside. Yet, that was a mistake. As he turns his head back, his eyes land on Taehyung whose eyes are wide as they flicker with confusion and innocence.

Seokjin feels a tear trail down his face and then another one as he steps into the hotel room alone, closing the door after him. Tears cascade from his eyes as he wills himself to not go running into the embrace of Taehyung. Denying his feelings for Taehyung hurts now, but it'll prevent Seokjin from worse pain in the future.

Hearing the click of the terrace door, Seokjin sprints to the bathroom. He gets to it before Taehyung can reach him and turns around to close the door. "Seokjin," Taehyung calls out, face contorted into lines of worry.

Seokjin squeezes his eyes shut as he slams the door close. He quickly locks it as he leans his back against it. "Seokjin!" Taehyung's voice penetrates through the door and straight into Seokjin, causing more tears to flow from his eyes.

He tries to console himself by telling himself that this is for the better for both of them. After all, when Taehyung gets tired of him and he's no longer of any use, Taehyung will just tell him to leave. As Taehyung said, they are only together because of their forced marriage which is only real on paper.

How could Seokjin have been so careless, allowing himself to fall for Taehyung? How could he have forgotten that he's to never give his heart to anyone anymore, especially that of an alpha?

"Seokjin, talk to me, please?" Taehyung pleads. Weak from the number of tears he's shedding, Seokjin's legs give out and he sinks to the ground. "Jin," Taehyung calls out desperately. The nickname brings a sob out of Seokjin which he hurriedly conceals by burying his face in his knees. "Please open the door." He doesn't comply, burying his face into his knees as he sobs.

"If you don't reciprocate my feelings, you can just tell me," Taehyung tells him. Seokjin wishes it was as simple as that. However, he can't do it. He can't articulate a lie to Taehyung, regarding his deep affection for him.

Taehyung continues to plead for Seokjin to open the door, then he continues to plead for Seokjin to talk to him. An hour passes, but Taehyung hasn't given up and continues calling his name. It's only when another hour has passed that Taehyung's voice has tired and stopped. It takes another hour for Seokjin's tears to cease and dry.