Chapter Four

Seokjin puts the first-aid kit away, having changed Taehyung's bandage. He bites his lip as he finally asks, "May I ask for a favor, Taehyung?"

"Sure, what is it?" Taehyung turns towards him.

"My parents, they.." Seokjin twiddles his fingers. "They think that we are a happy, married couple. I wouldn't want them to..." he chooses his words carefully. "think otherwise for they'll worry about me and I don't want to be a burden for them."

He spares a glance at Taehyung, "I apologize about asking you to lie for me but while they're here, can we act like the couple they believe us to be?" Taehyung's face is neutral and Seokjin frets, afraid of how he'll react. "It'll only be for this weekend and then we can return to how we are," he adds. His heart whines as he finishes, "as patient and caretaker."

"Okay," Taehyung accords, face and tone lacking any emotion. "I'll pretend with you."

Seokjin's solemness disperse and gratitude washes over him. "Oh, thank you so much, Taehyung!"

~~~~

Seokjin's hand is on the doorknob, ready to turn it when Taehyung grabs his arm. His hand slides down until he reaches Seokjin's hand. "We have to make them believe we're in love, remember?"

"Y-yeah," Seokjin looks down at their clasped hands. Forcing himself to look up, he twists the doorknob and pushes it open.

The smell of food wafts through their noses even before they step into the kitchen. Seokjin's parents beat him to it and speak first.

"Hi, Taehyung," his mom greets.

"Hello, Taehyung," his dad follows.

A smile makes way on Taehyung's chiseled face. "Good morning," he acknowledges, bowing. He raises his head and apologizes, "Sorry about not being here to welcome you two earlier."

"Ah, it's no problem," Seokjin's dad waves his apology off. "You weren't expecting us."

"You've come just in time for breakfast," Seokjin's mom chirps. Seokjin leads Taehyung to the table.

As they eat, Seokjin's parents make conversation with Taehyung who kindly contributes and reciprocates the action. Seokjin's stunned, to be honest. He's never seen Taehyung so sociable and friendly. He reminds himself that this is just all an act, though.

Seokjin doesn't speak much, occupied by Taehyung's sudden new charm. He disappears and isn't mentioned much which he doesn't mind.

"Do you prefer the countryside over the city?" Seokjin's dad asks.

Slowly, Taehyung nods. "It's tranquil and calm. It's also nice to just be surrounded by nature."

"But doesn't it get boring sometimes?" Seokjin's mom wonders and Seokjin sighs in his head at her question.

Taehyung chuckles, the sound pleasing to Seokjin. "No," he debunks. He lets go of the utensil in his hand, hand reaching for Seokjin. His fingers brush Seokjin's wrist before finding their way to his hand. "Seokjin's always by my side, keeping me company so it's not boring."

~~~~

The wind is in a good mood today, dancing and prancing outside and lifting anything that wishes. It rakes through Seokjin's hair and each time it does, he runs his hand through his hair, hoping to bring its composure back.

Taehyung, on the other hand, doesn't care. His black hair goes flying up and then comes back down in a messy heap which looks like it was intended and styled that way.

Seokjin's parents are still inside after Seokjin finally managed to pull Taehyung away from them. "Thank you," Seokjin appreciates once more now that they were alone.