MinChan + a little HyunBin

- fluff
- minor angst
- daycare au
- we went back to like- 2019-2020 for hair color so bare with me 😔

say goodbye papa!

"hyunjin!" chan called out. "sweetheart please we need to go!" chan hurried around the room trying to grab all of his and hyunjins things. he was already minutes away from being late for work and yet, here he is, trying to get his six year old to leave his room on a sunday morning.

"papa i don't wanna go" hyunjin said slowly walking out of his room. "i wanna go to work with you" he said, tears building up in his eyes.

"hyunjin.." chan started. "prince you know i can't take you to work with me, there's stuff in there that you're not supposed to see or touch"

"i'll keep my eyes closed!" hyunjin said as he covered his eyes.

chan laughed, something he really admired about hyunjin was how quick he could think of a solution to any problem, rather than just crying about it like other kids his age. the boy was quite smart. "well aren't you a problem solver"

hyunjin smiled at his father, then it fell as he sighed. he knew chan wasn't going to let him go, he lowered his head as he dragged his stuffed puppy along the floor. "i'll get my coat papa" he said slowly.

chan knew hyunjin was dramatic, but he also knew how little he spent with him and it hurt him too. "hyunjin, when papa gets home, we will watch all the movies we can till our eyes close, and i'll even call out tomorrow and we can spend all day together" he rubbed the boys head. "how does that sound?"

"yay!" hyunjin wasted no time in getting to the car, hoping the faster he got there, the faster him and his father could be together again.

~

"minho!" changbin called out.

"yes binnie?" minho answered.

"when will hyunjin be here?"

"anytime now buddy" minho sighed. he liked hyunjin, quite a lot actually,  so he too was also wondering where the brunette and his father were.

"minnie! binnie!" a voice called.

"hyunjin slow down!" another yelled after.

"i'm here i'm here!"

"well hello there hyunjin, very energetic today are we?" minho said as he caught hyunjin in a hug. "hello chan" he greeted the blonde.

"hello minho, it's good to see you"

"minnie guess what!" hyunjin shouted.

"no need to yell sweetheart i'm right here, what's up?"

"papa said we can hang out together all night and all day tomorrow!"

minho smiled, a very wide, beautiful, smile. "that's amazing!"

changbin was also smiling, he was just happy to see hyunjin happy.

"i gotta get going, i'll be back in six hours kiddo!"

"say bye papa" minho said.

"bye papa!"

"let's go play hyunjin!"

"okay!"

minho watched the black 2022 chevy tahoe pull out of the daycare parking lot before he turned his attention to the two kids playing with cars near the couches.

part 1