Imagine #36 - Easter

It was Easter and you and Benedict had planned for your daughter (D/n) to go on an Easter Egg Hunt that was being held for the local children where you now lived. However, (D/n) was ill and the two of you had decided not to take her. "I want to go on an Easter Egg hunt!" She demanded with the cutest lisp you could ever imagine. "But baby," Benedict smiled at her. "You haven't been very well." He looked at you as you nodded in agreement. Suddenly, Benedict's eyes lit up. "I have an idea." He smiled at you this time. He stood up and grabbed his car keys. "Won't be long." He said, cheerfully as he headed out of the door. "Daddy?" (D/n) said. Your three-year-old daughter looked at you. "Where Daddy go?" She asked as she clambered onto your knees.

"I don't know." You removed a strand of hair from her face and looked into her eyes. They were a deep blue, just like Benedict's. "But, he'll be back soon." (D/n) gave a small smile before going back to playing with her toys. Soon enough, Benedict returned home and he was carrying a bag. He ran out into the garden, without saying anything, as thankfully, (D/n) hadn't noticed his return. After a while, Benedict walked back into the room where you and (D/n) were. He was carrying a basket. "Daddy!" (D/n) yelled as she ran into his arms; he lifted her up and handed her the basket, before holding his spare hand out to you. You took it as he led you both into the garden. He placed (D/n) down and kissed the top of her head. "Off you go then." He laughed. "That chocolate will melt otherwise."

"Chocolate?" You asked, and your hand was placed on his shoulder.

"(D/n)." He smiled at his beautiful daughter. "I've made you your very own Easter Egg Hunt!" She jumped up and down excitedly. "Now?" She asked, clearly too excited to say anything else. Benedict nodded as she ran off into the garden in search of the Eggs that he had hidden. The two of you stood closely together as you admired your daughter. "So?" He asked, his arm wrapping around your waist in order to pull you closer to his body. "What do you think?"

"I think that you are an amazing dad." You kissed him and placed your head on his chest once more. "Well, there is that." He laughed planting another kiss on your head. "It also means that she gets all the eggs to herself and doesn't have to share them with random children." You laughed at Benedict as (D/n) continued to run around in search of the eggs. "As well as the fact that it stops her from getting a boyfriend too soon."

"What?" You looked at him, laughing but he was deadly serious.

"Why are you laughing? I'm serious (Y/n). What if we'd have taken her to that hunt and she'd laid eyes on someone that she fancied? She's growing up too quickly and I'm not willing to take the risk." Benedict ran his hand through your hair as you continued to laugh and say; "I don't think that you need to worry about that just yet." He shrugged as (D/n) let out a small shriek as she retrieved another egg and placed it in her basket. "I don't think I'll ever be ready when it does."