Imagine #4 - Positive

Positive. You thought as you looked down at the test you held in your hands. You couldn't believe it at first but it all made sense. It explains the sickness that you've been feeling lately. How were you going to tell Benedict? That was the question. The two of you had been together for nearly four years and you loved him very much but the two of you had never had the conversation about having a child together. 

Your mind started running around and went to all the dark places. What if he didn't want a child? What if it led to an argument? What if he left and didn't come back? You knew that last one was a bit extreme and that it wouldn't happen but you were nervous to how he would react. 

You stood up and went to the bathroom door and headed downstairs, where You knew Benedict was. Your eyes remained on the test. "Hey." He said, looking up but you didn't. You thought that this was a bad idea and you wanted to run away before he noticed the test. "What's that?" He asked, standing up, he knew that something was wrong. You looked at him and tried to speak but nothing came out. Instead you handed him the test and folded your arms. 

"What's this?" He asked, taking it. "Is it a pregnancy test?" He looked at it for a few seconds, before looking back at you. "Positive?" All you could do is nod in reply. "This is amazing!" He smiled, placing his arms around you. "Really?" You asked, convinced that he would react a different way. "Yes." He kissed your head. "Did you think I wouldn't be happy with this?" He asked you, his arms still firmly around your waist. "A little, I guess."

"Well, you were wrong." He laughed and placed his hands on your stomach. "I'm going to love you so much little one." You smiled as he spoke to your stomach. "And I'm going to be here every step of the way." You kissed him and now you couldn't wait for the new arrival to join the family.