Imagine #10 - No Veil or Bouquet

Hi! Just a quick note that the name that I have used for the brother was one that I picked out of thin air and if you would like to change it to another name that is fine, especially if you don't have a brother called Tom! Also, if you don't want your brother to give you away, you can change that. I have only done it this way because I personally no longer have a dad, to give me away. (I'm still to young to be thinking about marriage anyway, at the age of 17!) Sorry for the ramble! 

Enjoy! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n)'s P.O.V:

Today was meant to be the best day of MY life because today was the day that I was marrying Benedict, the love of my life. We had been together for 5 years now and I fell more in love with him every day.  I was in my hotel room and there was an hour to go before I walked down the aisle and said those two words that every girl seemed to dream of saying to the love of their life. "I do."   My mother was helping me to get ready but this morning had already been a nightmare. In an attempt to curl my hair, I had put in those overnight curlers that old lady seemed to wear to bed but when I had taken them out this morning, my hair wasn't curled but in fact looked as though I had stupidly placed my fingers in a plug socket. My mother, with the help from my older brother, Tom, had spent the morning trying to track down a pair of hair straighteners to try and fix the mess that had been created. The last thing that I wanted was to look like Frankenstein's monster on my wedding day.  

I had decided to do my own makeup because I knew what I liked and did not want to go overboard with the makeup like some people do. I wanted it to look as natural as possible but not make it obvious that I had spent all night tossing and turning, worrying about this day. When I was happy with the makeup, I got into my dress and my mother zipped it up at the back. "Where's the veil?" She asked me as I looked around the room. "It should have been with my dress. Is it not?" She shook her head as she looked into the bag that the dress had come in. "Wonderful." I muttered to myself as someone knocked on the door. "That'll be your bouquet." My mother said as she opened the door to find my brother, Tom, stood there. He came into the room and closed the door behind him. He looked at me. "Wow. (Y/n). You-You look amazing."He smiled. "However, I come bearing bad news." He stood still. "Your Bouquet hasn't arrived." He gave a small wince when he saw the look on my face. "I rang the place and asked where it was and the woman on the end of the phone said that there was a delay and that it would be here this afternoon." 

"This afternoon! I need it now. I'm getting married in ten minutes and I don't have a bouquet or a veil, my hair's a mess, my mascara is running and I don't even have shoes on. I'm running way behind and I'm so nervous and-and...." Tom grabbed hold of me. 

"Hey sis. Listen to me. It's going to be okay. You and I both know that Benedict isn't going to love you any less without flowers or a veil or hell, even shoes. God knows he's seen you without anything on, let alone a pair bloody heels." He laughed. "So, let's go and get you married." He said as I placed on my heels, redid your lipstick before the two of us headed downstairs. Our mother had already headed down to get her seat with Benedict's parents. 

The two of us were waiting outside the door. We could hear the faint sound of people talking inside. "You okay sis? You ready?" He asked as I held onto his arm. I nodded. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be." He kissed my cheek as the doors swung open and everyone in the room stood up. Right at the very end of the aisle, I saw him. Benedict. The love of my life. I just wanted to hold him and kiss him, it felt like I hadn't seen him in months. The aisle felt endless as we walked down it but eventually I reached the end where Benedict was standing with his best man, Martin. Tom kissed me. "I love you sis." He said before turning to Benedict. "I know that you'll take care of her and I couldn't ask for anyone better to marry my sister." They shook hands as Tom went and sat down. "Hey you." Benedict smiled as he looked at me. "Hey babe." I replied before we turn to the vicar in front of us. 

"Now time for the vows." The vicar said turning to Benedict. 

"(Y/n)." He said. "I don't know where to begin. You have made me the happiest man alive. I never believed that I could love someone as much as I love you. You've changed the way that I see things, the way that I see the world and You've made me want to be a better man. The man that you deserve. I promise to spent every waking moment showing you how much you mean to me, showing you how much I love you. You are my everything." 

The vicar turned to you.

"Benedict. You are the love of my life. That aisle that I've just walked down felt endless because I just wanted to be with you. You make me laugh and make me feel loved and cared for. But most importantly, you love me for who I am just as I love you for who you are. This morning, everything went wrong. There were things missing that I thought were important but then I realised that a veil or a bouquet didn't matter when I knew that the most important thing to me was waiting here at the end of the aisle. I can't describe how much I love you B. You are the greatest person I have ever met and I don't ever want you change. I don't ever want what we have to end. I can't wait for the rest of my life with you to begin." 

"Well..." Said the vicar, who was wiping a tear from his eye along with Benedict. "It pleases me to announce that I now pronounce you, (Y/n) and Benedict, husband and wife. You may now kiss." Everyone applauded as the two of you locked lips before pulling apart. "I love you." You whispered as the two of you headed back down the aisle, hand in hand, as Mr and Mrs Cumberbatch.