Imagine #17 - Jealous

"Are you sure you're going to be okay tonight?" You asked your husband, Benedict as you kissed him. Tonight you were going out for what felt like the first time in forever since having your daughter a year ago. "We'll be fine." He smiled, kissing you. "Now, go and have fun. If anyone deserves it." You thanked him, placing your phone in your bag. "Besides, Martin's coming over." He said. "Well, have fun!" You kissed him and your daughter goodbye. However, now you were finding it hard to leave. She was so beautiful. Benedict took your hand. "Go on! Have a good time!" He said as you left. 

You met with Amanda and Louise and the night got into motion. You drank, gossiped, laughed. It was everything that you needed and more. 

"So, (Y/n). How is everything with Benedict?" Louise asked you.

"It's amazing, as usual." You replied, taking a sip of your drink. 

"It's amazing, is it?" Amanda said, raising her eyebrows and the three of you burst into laughter. "Well, I mean, it must be, she had a kid with him."

"No more drinks for you." Louise said, taking the drink away from her. 

Benedict's P.O.V:

Of course I wanted her to go out and have a good time. She deserved it more than anyone. She carried and pushed out our child. She's amazing and she's put up with me so much that I almost can't believe that we're still married. So why did it make me jealous that she was out having fun when she could have been having fun here with me? Does this make me a bad husband? I guess, sometimes you need a break, even if just for a few hours. 

Our daughter (D/n) was sound asleep and I was sat with my best friend, Martin enjoying a drink when a notification came through on his phone. He looked at it and smiled. "Looks like the girls are having fun." He smiled, handing me the phone. I scrolled through the pictures that had been posted online of the three of them laughing, smiling, clearly having a good time." 

"Wonderful." I smiled handing the phone back to Martin. "It's nice to see them having fun." 

"You're jealous, aren't you." He said, simply, looking over at me. 

"No." I shrugged him off.

"Yes you are." He persisted. "You're jealous because she's having fun without you; because this is one of the first times that you haven't had fun together since (D/n) was born."

"Okay." I admitted. "Maybe I am a little jealous. Does that make me a bad husband?"

"Not at all." Martin said. "I know exactly how it feels. I was exactly the same with Amanda at one point but it gets easier." I looked at him, he took a sip of his drink and laughed. "You've got to admit though. It's kind of cute." 

"Cute? What's cute?"

"You. You're so in love with her that you're jealous that she's having fun with other people."

"Of course I love her. She's the best thing that ever happened to me."

____________

By the time that (Y/n) got home it was half past ten. "Hey babe." She said as she walked through the front door. "Hey. I didn't expect you back till later." I said, looking at the clock. 

"We all have kids and husbands to get home too. Don't want to be out too late." She smirked, dropping her bag by the door and heading over to me. She sat down and kissed me. "I missed you." She said. "Did you have a nice time with Martin?" 

"Yeah. How was your night?" I asked her, placing my hand on her leg as she rested her head on my shoulder. "It was good. I had a really good time but nothing beats staying here with you." I kissed her before she tapped my leg. "I'm going to bed." She bit her lip. 

"I think I might just join you." I said, chasing her up the stairs.