Imagine #14 - Just Friends {Part 2}

He looked at you, removing his hands from in front of his face. "You can never be mine. That's what's up." 

"What?" You asked, questioning whether you had heard him correctly or you were in fact still in a daydream. "You can never be mine." He stopped. "We could never be together." 

"Benedict, I--" You began but he held up his hand to stop you. You desperately wanted to to tell him the truth about everything but you didn't know how. 

"(Y/n). I know what you're going to say to me." He stopped. "I know. I know that we are best friends and you don't feel that same but I have spent countless years trying to come up with a way to tell you..." 

"Tell me...?" You asked him. There was a pause as Benedict took a deep breathe. "Tell you how madly in love I am with you. How madly in love I have been with you for years and years." You smiled at him. "You're amazing. The best person I have ever met but seeing what happened with that guy just then reminded me of the truth. That I was  stupid to think that anything could happen between us." He handed you your drink before sipping at him. 

"Look." You said, "That guy was drunk and I pushed away because I don't want to be with anyone that isn't you--"

"(Y/n)! Please just forget that I ev-"  He looked back you. "What did you just say?" He asked, slightly confused and wanting to check that he didn't mishear you before he made even more of a tit out of himself. 

"I said..." You said. "I pushed that guy away, one, because he was drunk and two, I don't want to be with anyone that isn't you." You moved closer to him, taking his hand in yours. 

"Wait..." He started but before he could finish his sentence you placed your lips on his. He kissed you back before the two of you stopped and smiled. "Benedict. I'm in love with you."

"Well I never." He laughed before kissing you again.