Imagine #7 - My Mistake

You and Benedict had been married for a year now and the two of you had never really spoken about when the two of you were going to begin expanding your family. You had briefly spoken about the fact that you would like to have kids together at some point but when, was never made clear. 

Not only that but it was increasingly difficult because either you or Benedict was always working and whenever the two of you had scheduled a night of intimacy and romance, it was sheer bad luck that one of you had, had to work late and by the time you had rushed home, the other one of you was fast asleep.

You clambered out of Bed and jumped into the shower, Benedict was already downstairs. You felt the hot water on you back before getting out and wrapping a towel around your body.  You looked at yourself in the mirror and slowly placed your hands on your stomach, trying to picture yourself as a pregnant. You smiled when you thought about the joy you would get from saying the words; "Me and Benedict are expecting a baby. Yes. We're beyond excited."  You gave a small sigh, before placing your dressing gown on with the towel still wrapped around your body and headed downstairs. Benedict was sat on the sofa, his body sprawled across the entire thing, a book in his hand. 

As you came into the living room, Benedict looked up from the pages of his book and smiled. "Morning babe." He placed his book onto the coffee table and got up from the sofa to come and kiss you. As he planted the kiss onto your lips, you smiled. "You okay baby?" He asked. You nodded in reply. "Yeah...um...listen, there's something I want to talk to you about." You looked at him. "Okay baby." He said as the two of you sat down on the sofa together. You held his hand as you tried to find the right words. He saw that you were nervous and comforted you. "Hey. Whatever it is. It's okay. You can tell me." 

"The thing is babe. We've been married for a year and I've been thinking lately, well, thinking a lot lately., that maybe we can start expanding and trying for a baby." There was a moments pause as you looked at Benedict. When he didn't reply, you seemed to go into a bit of a meltdown. "Forget it. I was being stupid. We're not ready for that yet. It's my mistake." You got up of the sofa and tried to walk away, feeling embarrassed. Benedict grabbed hold of you. "Hey." He smiled, cupping your face in his hands, he kissed you. "I can't think of anything I'd love more darling." You looked up at him, your faced filled with surprise.

"Really babe?"

"Yeah. Just picture it. A mini-you or mini-me running around this place? It'd be amazing." You smiled as he pulled you close to his body. "Plus, think of all the fun we'll having trying for one." He made you laugh.  "I love you baby and I can't wait to start a family with you." 

"I love you too Benedict."