Silver Bullets

Here it is!!!

The moment of truth

does she live or die?

Time will tell and most of you are going to skip this part but for those who want to build the suspense, read it and sit on the edge of your seat because here it comes!

Drum roll please....

... how do you type a drum roll? lol :P

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Silver Bullets

Josh's POV

I didn't know what  to think, except only that I was a coward. I turned my head away from his finishing blow, I could no longer watch the pain. It was horrifying. I don't think I could ever spend another moment in the woods because of this.

And in one instant everything changed. Something inside me snapped, I reached for nothing in particular and picked up a rock. Little flecks of glittering light reflected off the stone in the moonlight. I watched them mesmerized for a moment, it was just bigger than my hand, and weighed as much as a textbook, it was perfect, I thought,  before pulling it back behind my head. This was not going to go on any longer!

My arm snapped in a familiar motion, and the rock left my hand, the rough stone no longer gripped in my fingers. Two years of star quarterback had it uses. The rock snapped through the trees, it was a slow motion as it sailed through the air.

Layla's POV

The agonizing pain, how long will it last? I finally gave up, there wasn't a chance left I knew that. It would be too late before Alpha and the others made it. I'm sure they would take revenge, I could be thankful for that. But it didn't help me now. I closed my eyes, a happy image of my family swirling through my mind.

Time slowed for a moment when I looked at each face in my family. Smiling happy faces, it wasn't fair! I wasn't going to let this end! I snapped my eyes open and turned to the Hunter growling. I WILL NOT DIE!!!

The burning blade brushed along my fur as he dropped it, a large stone landing at my feet. I snapped at his falling form and catching his leg in my jaws. I bit as hard as I could, snapping the bone underneath. His scream filled the air and he dropped to the ground.

The bushes rustled and another man stepped out. I dropped the broken leg and snapped at him working on the basic instinct I grew up on. There was no thinking anymore, it was survival. He jumped back holding the sword. I tried to stand up and take a stand against him, but as soon as pressure on my leg I dropped. More burning pain shot through it, throbbing pain but not only did my let hurt but the pain was moving up my body. "Kill... it!" The hunter hissed pointing. He was in obvious pain. The other man was shaking not sure what to do.

"Kill it?" He asked looking between us. I growled watching the tip of the sword as it shook.

"It's in a survival state, it'll kill us both if you don't!" he hissed holding his leg. The man looked at me again and I snapped at him and took a step back. "She'll lung at you if you don't do it!" He snapped. I kept backing off, prolong it... wait just a little longer.

My ears twitched for sound... Please hurry. I wanted to cry, begging for someone to make it.

Sound...?