Six... Or Sixteen?

Six... or Sixteen?

Beta's POV (because you guys liked it so much)

I groaned in pain. I couldn't move, all night I was stuck on my back sprawled out unable to move. Want to know why?

Sometime after I fell asleep Layla came into my room and curled up into my side and was hugging my arm. Her nails were sharp and digging into me and that was what woke me up. I glanced down at her shivering form. How could she possibly be cold?!

I managed to roll over a tiny bit and see her face. She was pale, sweat glazed her forehead. I knew that look, I had seen it a few nights ago right after we found out who she was. What ever nightmare she was having it was killing my arm. She was crushing it and dragging her nails along it, fear clearly plastered onto her face. I rolled over again, trying to get behind her and maybe save my arm a little bit.

The movement startled her and she woke up, bright wide eyes stared at me blankly and she drifted back into sleep. Whatever she was dreaming about was over now, at least. She released my arm and rolled over into my side and culred up. I gave up and flopped back down on my bed. I'm not even entirely sure how I'm supposed to react to this situation.

In her mind she is a child, and found me as a source of comfort. But she also was a teenager, and in a bed with a man... get my problem? So do I treat her like a child or as a teenager? And why did she choose me? Wouldn't she want to go see Tess, Tess would act more motherly that I would, even Francis. He is is a parent, and has dealt with Tess both as a child and a teen.

I wonder if I have a kid... Maybe a little girl who misses me? Or a little boy who looked up to me?

Ever since Monica died I decided that this was my home now, I just let my unknown past stay that way. But now I wanted to know who I was, did Layla have something to do with that? I'll admit I tried to be Bert once, since he was gone, but I never felt like it and Alpha was right I didn't look old enough to be him.

Tess thinks I'm in my late 30's and Francis thinks in my late 20's. So I have have almost twenty year age range, I don't even know my own name but all those simple things in life I know. I know what movies I like and music, I know people that run the country in the past, it's not like the world is a completely new place to me. But my life is a complete mystery to me.

Layla's POV (during her dream still doesn't remember them)

He was chasing me, who ever he was. The burning silver had ripped my sides, warm sticky blood soaking through my fur. The demonic laughter followed after me, making my mind flinch and jump away from every sound and movement.

My once calm and peaceful woods were now haunted with monsters.

"Gottcha!" He snapped landing on my back. How did he catch up? I yelped and dove down trying to roll and knock him off. It worked last time.

He expected it and leaped off me and lashed out with his glittering whip. It would have been beautiful if you weren't afraid of silver. I burned all over, the lash to my face spilling blood into my eyes. I snapped at him, trying to build up that strength I had earlier. "You expect to fight me?" he hissed red eyes glowed under his black hood. "Shifter's will die!" He snapped and leaped for me.

I cried out as the blade dug into my chest, a burning hot metal that sliced clean through my bones and shredded my heart.

I jumped awake, eyes open. I was burning up, I focused on the worried face in front of me. His arms were holding me, trying to keep the dream away. I closed my eyes and curled closer to him. So warm...

When the first few flashes of memories echoed around my head I headed to Beta. I don't know why, I think it was because he was the closest and the only one with a door open. I grew up in a household where if the door was closed, you didn't go in.

Beta was a starfish on the bed, arms and legs spread out and soft snors coming from the rise and falls of his chest. I crawled slowly in beside him and curled into a ball between his chest and arm. I felt warm and safe there. Ususally when I made my way to my brother's room and crawled into bed with them, they would wake up and hold me until my nightmares were over.

Beta shivered, subconciously sensing that I was there, I took his arm and held on to it. After that I started to doze off. Maybe this will be the first night I wouldn't be attacked by the horrible nightmares...

Guess I was wrong.

***Morning

"Layla?" Beta whispered beside me. I peeked my eyes open and looked at him. He had an almost pained look on his face. "I need to get up... now." He whispered. I nodded and pulled away from him. He smiled and kissed my forehead and ran out of the room.

I chuckled sleepily and laid back down into the warm bed and curled up again.

After the flush of the toilet and the running of the tap Beta's steps came into the room. "Asleep again?" he asked poking me. I rolled over and glared at him. He chuckled and hugged me. "Bad dream?" he asked. I nodded and hugged him back.

I couldn't remember the dream, I never did. All I knew was that it scared me, and that those red eyes haunted me. Some nights were better than others, and others are...

"Come on, I'll make up something to eat to take your mind off of it." He said pulling away and picked me up over his shoulder. I giggled, shakily but happy that he was trying to make me feel better.

"FRANCIS!" Beta called loudly walking into the kitchen. Alpha looked up from his news paper irritated. "Layla's hungry!" He shouted happily.

"John you're the one who cooks." Alpha stated. Beta stopped in pretend shock.

"What did you ever do before I got here?" he said smiling, being sarcastic. Alpha rolled his eyes and looked back at his news paper. Beta dropped me down on a chair and went to the kitchen, pulling things out on the counter and turning the stove on.

He cooked silently while Alpha put down his paper and smirked. "Is your bed not comfortable Pookie?" he asked. I guess he knew I snuck over to Beta's room.

"No, it was just your guys's doors were closed." I stated the obvious. I sensed Beta watching me and Alpha gave me a confused look. I sighed and told them. "I never walked into a bedroom when the door was closed, I don'tk know why, but I just don't. So if I was scared of something or had a bad dream I would go find one of my brothers and stay with them. My parents always closed their door. Most of the time Jake's door was closed, but you didn't go in there anyway. It smelled to horrible. So I usually stayed with Louis, Mike, John or Sam. At least one of them had their door open."

"So since mine and Tess's doors were closed... you went to John's." He said slowly. I nodded.

++++++++++

Okay so here it is I'll try to add more to it tomorrow

And before you ask

No the guy in her dreams is NOT a vampire. Vampire do not exist in this story they are just stories.

He is just one scary MoFo