Hunters vs Wolves

“Don’t Touch Me!” Josh screamed on the top of his lungs. He jumped up and punched Greg square in the face. “Disgusting Wolves!” He turned and slapped me across the face. My body fell hard against the concrete floor. Josh straddled me and brought my face up to punch, his fist drawn back. I put my hands up in a feeble defense.

Greg jumped up and pulled him off of me, sending him flying across the room. Greg hit the floor, pain from the silver chains making us weak. He helped sit me up when Josh got up off the floor and sent another speeding punch to his face. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and lifted me until my feet didn’t touch the ground.

His fist drew back again, it seemed a bit slow this time. Just as he was about to send a hurtling punch to my face the heavy silver door opened. “Josh,” his father called standing proudly at the top of the stairs. He waved for Josh to follow him. He whispered in my ear before dropping me and storming out of the room.

With a click the door shut and locked. Greg and I both sat up and looked at each other, suppressing our laughter.

… 5 minutes ago…

“Maybe if you pretend to hurt us, your dad will come back all proud and happy and you can get out and find out what’s going on.” I whispered. The guys stared at me in defiance. “Oh come on! Greg we’re werewolves! He honestly couldn’t hurt us that bad.” I stated.

“We have silver on.” He stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Well it kind of was, but that was beside the point.

“Come on, we want to find out what’s going on, and the only person they would remotely think of letting out of here is Josh, and it can’t be fake or they’ll notice that we’re up to something.”

“I don’t want to hit you.” Josh said.

“Do it.” I said confidently.

…Now…

“I still don’t like this idea.” Greg said gently prodding my face. It tingled from the slap, and my lip was split.

“It worked didn’t it?” I said triumphantly. He glared at me. I shooed his hands away and started to check his face. Two punches to the face weren’t bad, but being weakened he had a split lip and a cut on his cheek bone. The one side of his face was purple and black. “How do you feel?” I asked gently running my fingers across his cheek. He winced a bit. “Sorry.” He smiled and took my hand.

“Before this happened, in the woods.” He went serious. “I really do think you’re my mate, but it feels like I can’t be sure sometimes.” He sighed, still holding my hand.

I put my hand on his untouched cheek. “Greg, you have to remember my mind and body are a bit behind yours.” He watched me carefully. “I changed when I was six, instead of when I was older. Part of my mind still lives in that of a six year old. And a relationship like Mate’s doesn’t exist when you’re that young. Sometimes my mind will catch up, sometimes it wants me to curl up into a ball and cry mommy.” He sighed and gave me a hug.

“All right. I’ll be here for you until you’re ready.” He put a kiss on my forehead.

“Thanks.”

Now all we could do is wait.