Nightmares Begone!

Nightmares Begone!

I crawled into bed after a warm shower. The silence was killing me. Supper hadn’t gone well. No one said a word but everyone stared at me. Several emotions crossed Alpha’s face, it was so easy to see them. They could have been printed on his forehead. Anger, confusion, worry, relief, suspicion. I think they were all waiting for me to say something, but I sat, feeling small under their gazes waiting for it to be over.

When we finished Uncle Bert wanted me to go out and train. “No, I’m going to bed.” I stated and did my dishes and headed to the bathroom.

“You need to train, you need to be ready.” He called after me.

I turned around angry. “I Don’t Want To Fight!” I screamed at him. I ran to the bathroom and slammed the door behind me. Locking I jumped into the shower quickly and let the scalding hot water pour down on me.

Now in bed, I held the wolf tightly and buried my face in the soft fleece fabric. Closing my eyes I was asleep in minutes.  

I dreamed of my home, bright lights turned on, noises coming from the kitchen. I walked in and saw my mother standing by the stove her back to me. “Mommy?” She turned her head over her shoulder, but I couldn’t see her face.

“Pookie dear. It’s good to see you awake. You’re brother’s all went to school. Do you want to help mommy with the dishes?” she asked turning and putting something into the sink. I nodded and grabbed a chair and pulled it up beside the sink and climbed on.

“Mommy when can I go to school?” I asked sticking my hands in the bubbly water and pulling out a fork and washing it off.

“Soon sweetie, soon.” She went back to the stove and turned all of the burners off. Finally she looked at me. Her face was blurry. I couldn’t make out any of her features. “I’m going to wake your father up. Stay away from the stove until I get back.” She smiled I think, that’s what it looked liked anyway. She turned away and headed towards hers and daddy’s room. I kept washing the dishes putting them in them in a drain tray when I was done. “Mommy! I washed all of the dishes!” I cried when the sink was empty.

There wasn’t an answer. I jumped down and headed towards her room. The house got strangely quiet. I wasn’t used to it, with all of my brothers there was always a loud ruckus going on. I pushed open the door of mommy and daddy’s room. It was dark. Pitch black.

A pair of glowing blood eyes turned to me. I screamed and ran. “You can’t run from me Layla.” It hissed and in seconds was following me. Just as I was about to run over the threshold of the house I heard my mother’s scream.

For the first time in my dreams instead of running I stopped. I stood in the doorway, looking out at the forest. “Run Layla. Run for your life.” I turned around and saw him standing, he was wearing a black cloak and his eyes glowed brightly from under his hood. “Run.”

I didn’t move. “Leave mommy alone.” I demanded holding my ground. He chuckled and lifted his arms. His bare hands were covered in blood.