Oh Yeah! Forgot About School

“Oh and Francis?” Vlad said catching my arm just as I was about to head out. “There is one more thing.” I nodded and took my seat again. The frail old man got out of his chair and headed towards the fire. Carefully he took down a small wooden box. Coming back he watched me with dark solemn eyes.

He took his seat again and faced me with such a serious expression that shivers ran down my spine. Something cold and forgotten was behind this old man’s eyes, and it scared me just from the glimpse I got that flashed through his mind. He pulled something out of the box and held it out to me.

I cupped my palm under his hand. His fingers released and a glimmer of silver dropped between our palms. As soon as it touched my skin searing cold shot up my arm. “Ah!” I gasped and dropped it. “What is that?” I hissed kicking the small silver thing into the light. Vlad chuckled and picked it up.

“If Orion is to succeed in controlling Layla, there is only one way to kill her.” He held a small bullet between his fingers. “This is pure silver, no little fragments of iron or lead in here. 100% silver. It was cold when it touched your had was it not?” I nodded, unable to take my eyes off of the tip. There was almost a blue sheen to it. “Unlike the cheap silver/lead bullets Orion and his hunters are using this one will do much more damage. It will be the only way to kill Layla if she goes feral.”

“But you said silver couldn’t hurt her.” I stated finally looking into his eyes.

“Aim for the heart.” Was his only words. He slipped the bullet into an old colt and handed it to me. The handle was wooden and the barrel was black steel. I took the gun and examined it before looking back at him. He tapped his chest where his heart was. I didn’t know weather to nod or start yelling.

Did he seriously just tell me that I had to kill Layla? Orion wasn’t going to get his hands on her! Not even over my dead body was he going to touch her. He got up again and headed towards the back of his cabin.

“Francis?” Bert’s voice made it through my thoughts. I tore my gaze from Vlad’s retreating back to his face. “I couldn’t handle losing Layla alongside the others. But I won’t let her hurt others just for Orion’s sake.”

“Come back.” I croaked out. He stared at me hard, his dark blue eyes getting a new light to them.

Oh Yeah… Forgot About School

“Layla Get Your Ass Out Here!!” Tess’s voice shouted down the hall at me. I flinched and jumped out of bed instantly. Oh yeah! It’s Wednesday, we missed two day’s of school…

Oh right I have classes with Greg! How could I forget him? “Coming!” I shouted and quickly pulled on sweats and tied my hair up in a high pony tail. Running down the hall, picking up my back pack and slipping on some bright colored Convers shoes, I bounded out the door after Tess.

We got into the car and she raced to school. Wow, it seemed so long since I went to school. She parked and we both bolted for the front doors, both making it to our classes just before the bell went.