9

"She's not in her room. Where can she go in this state?", asked Thomas panicking 

"Thomas, she'll have gone to her shop. It's her home, away from home. Trust me, she'll be there"

"But she's ill. She's in no fit state to go anywhere"

"You know how stubborn she is. When does she ever listen to anyone?"

"Carla, this is all your fault"

"Me? What did I do?"

"I know that you hate me for what I did. It took all your luxuries away. But I always told you that it shouldn't affect Caitlin, and look now it has"

Carla ran after Thomas, as he picked up his car keys, and ran out of the door

"You better hope that nothing has happened to her"

"What did you say?", asked Barry's dad, "are you serious? Barry, we have a certain name in society. A certain image. A certain standing. What did you think that you'd bring a normal girl into our family and everything would be ok? How did you think that?"

"I didn't dad. I just fell in love with her"

"Will she understood our values, how we do things here in the palace? Will she understand our ways? Will she understand how important our image is? No, she won't. How did you think a normal girl could understand any of this?"

"I'm sorry dad. Please don't be angry at me"

"I'm not. I'm just glad that you realised your mistake, before you did anything stupid"

The next day, Barry entered Caitlins shop. Caitlin shut her shop, when she saw it was him. She took one look at his face

"Well, I'm guessing from your face, it went as good as I imagined. See, I told you Barry, that this is all your dream. This can't ever happen. Your family will never accept me, no matter what you say or do. So please, just forgot this and go about your life"

"No. Your wrong Caitlin. We can still see each other in secret. That's the exciting part. Meeting each other in secret"

"Barry, your talking like we are together. Haven't you heard or learnt anything? This can never be. Please just go"

Caitlin turned to go, but stopped. She felt like something was pulling her back to Barry. An unseen invisible thread 

"You can feel it to, can't you?"

"Feel what Barry?"

"This. Whatever this is between us"

"Barry, you are delusional. There is nothing between us. Nothing! Understand?"

"Are you telling me this, or trying to convince yourself?"

Caitlin put up her hands and screamed 

"You are impossible"

Barry laughed and gently took Caitlins hand

"There are some relationships that don't need a name.  They are the relationships of the heart and soul"

Caitlin took her hand from Barry, and got him out of the door. She sat down, and wondered about what Barry had said. Was any of this true?

Thomas and Carla ran into the shop. There they found Caitlin collapsed. Thomas rushed up to her and picked her up

"Come on beautiful, open your eyes. Daddy's here"

Thomas took Caitlin home, and tucked her into her bed. He turned to Carla 

"This is all your fault. Hopefully, she'll be awake soon, but Carla I don't know how much I can take of this. This is all effecting our daughter"

"I never wanted this"

"Well sort yourself out"

Duff, duff, duff. Will Caitlin be ok? As always, feedback appreciated