20

"Caitlin, are you even listening to me?"

"Huh?"

"That's what I thought. Where's your head at?"

"I'm just worrying about everything left behind. Is everything and everyone alright?"

"I'm sure that Barry is fine"

"Of course he will be. He's his son. He wouldn't hurt him. No I'm worried about that woman who helped me. I hope that they haven't found out that she helped me and hurt her"

"Caitlin, I can't believe this. Who does he think he is? How could he try and get rid of you?"

"He's capable of a lot. Believe me"

"But how was he going to explain your disappearance to everyone? To Barry?"

"He knew that I wanted to change things so that would be his perfect excuse. That I'd gone away to do some charity work or something"

"But what was his problem with you? Why did he try and hurt you? What have you ever done to him?"

"Like I said I wanted to change things and that upset him. He felt threatened by me. Plus, in his eyes, I'm just a common girl who stole his son from him"

"Rubbish. Barry loves you. You didn't steal anyone. Plus your a senior royal. Higher then him. He needs to respect you"

"You would think that. But because of what my dad did, he's only known me as a common girl. He feels threatened by this new position of mine"

"Well I'm glad that you came here"

"Where else would I go? I have no one else. But thank you for letting me stay"

"Don't say that. I'm your best friend. If I don't help you, who else will?"

"Thank you"

"But what are you going to do about him and everything?"

"I don't know, but I need my things back. Only then will I be able to change things"

"You better do something quickly before he does something else"

Caitlin stood up

"I won't let that happen. I am the rightful princess. It is my birthright"

"Barry, are you still moping over her?"

"She isn't just anyone dad. She is the girl I love"

"Just face it. She's gone. She left you. She obviously didn't care for you, so why are you wasting your time over her?"

"No dad. Your wrong. She loves me"

"Then why is she not here?"

"I don't know dad. What happened to make her vanish? Why didn't anyone protect her?"

"Well cheer up. I'm going to an auction today later on, and I want you to come with me"

"That's right dad. Just throw some more money at things that we don't need"

"Of course we need them. Dont forget all this will be yours one day. And I want you to know how things work around here"

Caitlin put a wig and a hat on. She finished it off with big, fat sunglasses. She walked to her destination, using only shortcuts that she knew. She stood in front of the two graves that she had come to see 

"I know that it's been a while, but my life is very tricky at the moment. Dad, I can't believe that you kept this from me. I'm lucky that your friend helped me and I'm still here. But don't worry dad, I know what I have to do. I will take it all back. It's my birthright and I will take it back. I love you"

"Sir, there was a sighting today"

"Was it her?"

"We don't know. The person was wearing sunglasses so we couldn't identify them"

"Why not just bundle them into the car?"

"We were going to. We even followed them. But they disappeared before we could catch them"

"Damn it. Another opportunity to find out if it was her gone to waste"

"Don't worry sir. If it was her, she'll visit again, and we'll get her. How long can she keep hiding from us?"

Caitlin shut the door, gasping for breath 

"What's wrong with you?"

"I think that I was spotted and followed"

"Caitlin, I've told you to be careful. Going there in broad daylight is just asking for them to find you"

"So should I not go?"

"I never said that"

"Then?"

"I've got an idea"

"Sir, we've got a visual. A female is exiting her car, and walking up to the graveyard"

"Don't let her out of your sight. If it's her, I want to know"

"She is walking up to the graves. We are pursuing on foot"

The men grabbed the girl

"What do you think that you are doing? Get your hands off me"

They let her go

"Sorry miss. We thought that you were"

"Well I'm not as you can clearly see. Now please leave me alone" 

"Who are you?"

"That's none of your business. Now I've come here to meet my parents. Can I do that if you don't mind?"

The men left. She quickly took out the phone 

"All clear"

A figure exited the car, and quickly walked to join her

"Hey it's me. I can't come everyday, as I'm going to be busy, but I promise you that when I take back everything, you will be the first people I will tell"

Duff, duff, duff. As always, feedback appreciated