Fighters ready? FIGHT!!!

"Jay is still trying his hardest. It looks like the fight could be stopped."

The commentary team was watching the fight play out in front of them. Jay is getting battered on the ground. Jay is trying to escape the mount but he can't. He's tired, he wasted all his energy in the previous rounds to try and knock him out.

Then an elbow comes raining down on Jay. That elbow cuts Jay.

Then another.

And another.

And another.

One more.

"That's it! It's all over for Jay Walker. That makes his record 10-6. A very disappointing result."

Jay is then examined by the doctors and is cleaned up to be in the middle of the cage to announce the winner.

The referee announces the winner and he gets interviewed while Jay goes back to the locker rooms. Jay's biological mother is waiting for him there. The team that helped Jay train for over 6 months, only to get a loss, enters first. Everyone has their heads down in shame. Jay enters and Libber, Jay's biological mother, freaks out.

"Oh my gosh, Jay! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, mom" says Jay as he moves his mother's hand away from his face.

"Why do you still do this to yourself? You can do better than fighting!"

Jay wasn't in the mood to argue with his mother. Libber left him at the age of 3. She just couldn't take care of him. Even with all the money her husband left her, it wasn't enough to survive. She needed to sell the house and give up her son to her housekeepers. She knew they would be better parents than her anyway. Ed and Edna wanted to have a child of their own, but unfortunately, it wasn't possible as Edna was infertile. However, they were still willing to adopt, they just didn't know they would adopt their employer's son.

Jay then changes into his normal clothes and goes to the hospital to get his stitches.

He then makes his way back to his apartment. He enters and sees his dad's poster in the living room. It says "Cliff Gordon, The Best Boxer in all of Ninjago. 87-1."

Jay sighs at the memories of his biological father being praised as the best boxer. His dad was so huge, that even people who knew nothing about boxing, would tune in to watch him dance around his opponents. He never saw his dad fight in person, he only saw his fights on YouTube. Ed, his foster dad, enrolled him in Kickboxing because he wanted him to be able to protect himself. Jay then fell in love fighting in all martial arts. He started training for MMA and even began competing. Jay fought under his foster parents last name. He didn't mind, besides they were the people that raised him. He called them Ma and Pa too. But then, Ed and Edna had to tell him the truth. They got him in contact with his biological mother at the age of 16 and finally got his answer for why he wasn't actually Ed and Edna's son. He fixed his relationship with his biological mother, but unfortunately Jay couldn't be with his biological father. Cliff Gordon died in the ring, Jay was 2 years old.

Walking to the small kitchen, Jay grabs a snack and turns on the TV to see his dad fight.

"Here goes Cliff. Straight out of the gate, Cliff throws a couple jabs. He's dancing with him. It takes two to tango. John throws a one-two to Cliff and lands. Cliff is still in the fight, having won 6 of the last 10 rounds. We still have 2 more to go. Cliff is just dancing while John is swinging and missing. OH!!! Cliff lands a hard right uppercut. It stung John, he wobbled to the ropes. Cliff chases him down. AND A HARD LEFT HOOK!!!! It's all over, the referee calls the fight."

The fight finished and Jay finished his snack. Jay then looks at the paycheck he got from the fight. It's not enough to pay the gym and coach. He has to make a tough decision, he can quit fighting all together or quit the gym and find a cheaper one and gamble the rest of his career. He goes to sleep with that decision in his mind.

The next day, he makes his way to the gym. Jay goes to the office and talks to the owner. "Listen, I can't afford it anymore. I'm sorry, I quit." Jay then cleans up his locker and heads out the door, never to return again.

He goes back to the apartment with his stuff and bumps into his new and extremely beautiful neighbour, Nya. Thankfully, Jay has his hoodie on so she doesn't see his cuts and bruises.

"Hey Jay!"

"Hi, how's your day been?"

"It's alright, how about you?" She asks with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

"It's been better, I just quit my gym. I couldn't afford it anymore."

"I still have my lifting equipment if you want to use it." She offered kindly, I smiled.

"It's not that kind of gym, but thanks anyway."

"Ok. Well, see you around Jay."

"Bye." He waved goodbye and saw her go down the stairs.

Jay enters his apartment and begins searching for a cheaper gym. He runs into this run down gym, very old school boxing vibes. The Mojo Dojo. He looks at the address and finds it to be very close, like 4 blocks away. The price is just right for him. Jay sets on his phone calendar a day to visit the gym and sign up.

He then sees an online post about his latest fight.

"Jay Walker has lost his 3rd fight in a row. What was once considered a fan favourite of the lower fight promotions is now drifting into the background as an entry level fighter. Jay has supreme striking but doesn't know how to apply it in the fight. He was once considered to be talented enough to join the Ninjago Fighting Championship. Now he is seen as irrelevant. Will he be able to get out of this slump? Most likely not."

That did it for Jay, that was enough for him to forget about tomorrow and start now.

He couldn't wait to be back in the cage and hear "Fighters ready? FIGHT!!!"

A/N: I might start focusing on this story rather than Zeros and Ones. Yes, Zeros and Ones is my first fanfic, but I already hate it lmao. This one, I spent time trying to get everything the way I really wanted it. This is fanfic I have wanted to write since late April 2022.