Active in the cage vs Active in bed

November 13th, the day after Jay's fight

After the fight, Jay was being recognized everywhere he went. Now that he was in the NFC, his fighting was being recognized not just by the fight fans but also a lot of people who aren't really into fighting. The NFC has promotional power to show off whoever they want. However, Jay knows that if he wants more eyes on him, he needs to promote himself in a way to attract the most set of eyes. Back in his apartment after a morning walk, because his leg still hurt from yesterday. Jay got a text from Nya.

"Hey, I saw your fight on TV. I was at work watching it, I was gonna ask if you wanted to go out celebrate but when I got back to the building, I saw you get back at like 10 pm. You looked so tired. I hope you're okay."

"Thanks, that means a lot. You wanna go out later?"

"Yeah, I have two tickets to Mega Monster Amusement Park. Wanna go?"

"Yeah. See you then."

November 26th

Jay is facing a tough predicament. He just won his last 7 fights, his last was 2 weeks ago. However, NFC needs another replacement, this time for Featherweight. A fighter by the name of Peter Wayne needs a replacement, because his original fighter came down with the flu. Luckily, Jay had begun a cut last week, he was down to 150 pounds. All Jay needed to do was accept and begin to lose 5 pounds. Jay, Nya, Cole, Coach Wu, and Dareth were in the office discussing what to do. Jay had already fought 8 times this year, understandably, everyone was worried about his health. Jay had almost nothing to gain from the fight, the only thing was probably a spot in the rankings of the Featherweight division. Peter Wayne is undefeated with a record of 20-0, his record in the NFC is 15-0. That is the longest active win streak in the promotion. No one wants to fight him, because he will out strike you no matter what. But Jay isn't any normal fighter, he just won against one of the best Middleweight champions in the promotion. Jay felt like he was ready.

"I don't know Jay. You've already fought like 8 times this year, do you really want to go through that much damage?" Nya asked with genuine concerned.

"Ha! This isn't as bad as my first year fighting in amateurs. I fought at least 3 times a month. Cole, what do I get from this fight?"

"Apart from CTE, you get the 14th ranking in Featherweight."

"Nice!"

Nya and Coach Wu stepped out to talk but Jay was too focused on his own situation to care.

"Bobby said it would be the co-main event during Kai Smith's fight. Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, at this point, I feel like I could take his spotlight."

After their talks, the gang went to the NFC offices to sign the contract. Jay and Nya went in his car. During the car ride, Jay asks Nya what she was talking about with Wu.

"Coach Wu was my guardian. My parents vanished when I was 3." she looked down frowning.