Original Outline

Chapter 1: Jay loses his 3rd fight in a row. He quits his old gym because he can't pay the membership anymore. Nya, the tenant who has only lived there for 3 months, asks Jay if he wants to use her weight lifting equipment but he says "it's not that kind of gym, but thanks anyway." Jay's biological mom, Libber, gets to his apartment and sees his bruises and cuts. She freaks out and Jay tells her it's own decision to fight.

Chapter 2: Kai is on a 10 fight winning streak in the Ninjago Fighting Championship. The promotion is giving him a title shot, so he starts training to beat Hugh "Danger Zone" Holland. However, he learns of a new amateur fighter joining the gym named Skylor Chen. He talks to her and finds out her dad owns the restaurant chain Chen's Noodle House. After some banter back and forth, Kai gets a call from Nya. She tells him that she finally talked to her cute neighbour, Kai was ecstatic. He always wanted his sister to be happy and he knew that Nya was searching for the right guy. And from the way she talked about him, it sounded like that was the right guy. Little did she know that Kai actually hates Jay for being the one of the only men to beat him.

Chapter 3: Jay is looking for a new MMA gym that's in his price range. He comes across "The Mojo Dojo." After he meets the owner of the gym, Dareth, he starts training with Coach Wu. Coach Wu mentions that he trained Cole Brookstone, a friend of Jay's, and he calls him to get help with training. Later that day, Jay comes home later than usual and bumps into Nya. Last time they talked, Jay had his hoodie on so she wouldn't see his bruises and cuts, but now they are on full display and Nya looks horrified. She asks him if he's ok and Jay says yes. She asks him why this happened and Jay finally mentions his profession. She told him about her brother being a fighter and asked if she could help with his injuries. Jay reluctantly agreed and began falling for her.

Chapter 4: Kai finally signs the contract for the title shot and begins shit talking on social media. Skylor found out that he was challenging for the title and asked if he would like to get extra training with her. Kai thought about it and agreed. However, during Training, they ended up falling for each other and were flirting while sparring. Then, Kai had to go the drug testing with Skylor, because she wanted to get a ride home. It was there when she found out about Kai's reputation with women. She's a little worried about their new relationship, considering his last one was a friend with benefits with one of the ring girls, Alessandra Tatum.

Chapter 5: After Jay gets his injuries taken care of, he goes back to the gym to train. This time, his friend Cole is there to help train him. Cole and Wu get Jay ready for a fight in the smaller promotion called The War Tournament. It was being sponsored by Chen's Noodle House, the reason why is because Skylor was pursuing being a professional fighter and her dad wanted to help with that. Eventually, the ownership went to Skylor. In that fight, Skylor was attending and thought to bring Kai along for a date. However, Kai and Jay would bump into each other during the fight. Kai and Jay would argue and security had to separate them. Coach Wu told Jay he trained him, the reason Kai left was because he needed more high class trainers to get to the top. Meanwhile, Kai and Skylor were in the VIP box in the stands having their date.

Chapter 6: Jay starts to go on a 7 fight winning streak. 4 knockouts, 3 submissions. Jay was later asked out on a date by Nya. Jay is given a contract to the Ninjago fighting Championship. He finally made it, but he didn't stop to rest. He kept working hard to make sure he would stay there. His debut was against one of Coach Wu's students. Zane Julien was on a decline, he lost 3 of his last 6 fights, and he was looking for a fight to put him in the win column. Jay didn't underestimate Zane, he knew he was tough and they actually respected each other. It didn't sell the fight, but the fight itself was fireworks. A technical striker against a high level grappler. Jay outstruck Zane and Zane was so close to submitting Jay. The fight was 3 rounds and it went to the judges scorecard. Jay won the fight by Unanimous Decision.

Chapter 7: Jay and Nya finally go to meet Kai and Skylor for their double date. Unknowingly, Jay and Kai are surprised to see each other and freak out. Kai and Jay explain to Nya why they freaked out and then she has a good laugh. Skylor knew about Jay but didn't know about Jay dating Kai's sister. Your sworn enemy is dating your sister. Jay clears up why he was being annoying at the press conference, he said he could've lost his place in the promotion regardless if he won against Kai or not. Kai knew Jay was telling the truth, because promoting fights involve either a lot of drama or some interesting characters

Chapter 8: Couple months later, Jay is healthy and is asked to fill in for a replacement. A fight in the Main Card with Kai fighting for the title. Jay was stepping in for an undefeated fighter with a 20-0 record named Peter Wayne. It's on short notice but he takes the fight regardless. Jay knows the risks but is willing to fight. This fight could result in him getting closer to that title shot he wants. But if he loses, could be considered a gatekeeper. So Jay spends 4 weeks training to finally get rid of the 0 in Peter Wayne's record. However, a new story comes out that makes this fight worth buying even more. People found out that Jay's biological father was Cliff Gordon. The Legendary boxer with a 87-2 record.

Chapter 9: Nya is taken back by this. She knows who Cliff Gordon is. Nya is scared shitless that Jay will die in the cage. So she tells Jay to pull out of the fight but Jay wants to know why. Nya snaps at him because she's worried about him dying. However, Jay is offended that as soon as she knows who his father is, she tells him to back out, when all along she was perfectly happy with him fighting. Jay says that she's just like his mom and calls it off with Nya. Jay still goes ahead with the fight. Meanwhile, Kai hears about Jay and Nya. He is angry at Jay but he understands why Jay is mad. Jay and Kai put their feelings aside and are still friends. The promotion decides to move up the fight from being the opening to the main card to co-main event. The fight not only garnered the attention of all fight fans, but also mainstream media. Cliff Gordon was so huge that whenever a fight of his would be on the TV, crime in Ninjago would go down. The pressure was mounting on Jay now.

Chapter 10: Jay Walker-Gordon is fighting Peter Wayne in the co-main event. The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds instead of the usual 3. Jay and Peter go on an all out war. Both are great strikers but Jay still had the upper hand when it came to kicks. Surprisingly, in the 4th round, Jay submitted Peter. Handing him his first loss as a pro. Then it was Kai's turn to get his title. Kai went all 5 rounds with Hugh "Danger Zone" Holland. Kai won by Split decision.

Chapter 11: Kai and Skylor get a little frisky that night after winning the title. Jay, Cole, Coach Wu, and Dareth go out and celebrate. Two months later, Jay has avoided Nya perfectly until she knocked on his door. Nya wanted to apologize and Jay accepted the apology. However, Jay still wanted to be with Nya and she wanted to be with him. After some uncomfortable tension and silence, Jay kisses Nya and they get frisky that day.

Epilogue: 3 years later. Kai has defended his title for 7 fights. He lost the title to an up and coming Lloyd Garmadon. Kai then went on another 10 fight winning streak before calling it a career. Jay moved up a weight class and became champion. Skylor made her pro debut and was on her way to becoming a title contender. Cole stayed with the Mojo Dojo to be a trainer. Zane went on to the fight in lower leagues but eventually became a successful coach. Coach Wu retired and owned half of the Mojo Dojo. Dareth became an MMA promoter, he still owns part of the Mojo Dojo. Jay and Nya married and had a child. The family moved into a better house. Kai and Skylor are still dating.