Don't forget to condition your shins

Day after Jay's loss

"The Mojo Dojo? I swear if this is a McDojo, I will freak the fuck out" said Jay as he saw the sign and entered the building.

The Mojo Dojo was once a McDojo. They just taught everything but they didn't give you time to learn it properly and just gave out black belts like they were nothing. It wasn't until a couple years ago when a new owner bought it turned into an actual MMA gym.

Jay looked at the place and was amazed. It gave very old school boxing gym vibes. Old posters of past MMA and Boxing events, fighting memorabilia, decaying brick layers, and an old but surprisingly clean boxing ring. He walked past the people who were doing their drills and workouts and headed to the main office. He was greeted by a slightly overweight man with an eccentric haircut, a weird brown suit, and a gold chain around his neck.

"Well, howdy-do there. I'm Dareth, I own this fine establishment. I take it you are here to learn the ways of the fist, right?"

"I'm actually here, because I need a gym to train. I have a fight in a couple months and I need a coach."

"Wait, you're a pro? We never had pros come round here!"

"Well," Jay chuckled, "guess it's your lucky day, huh? I'm Jay Walker."

Dareth went to his computer and searched his name. His record came up and his picture as well. The picture looked the same as Jay except for the bruises from his last fight.

"10-5?"

"10-6" Jay corrected ashamed of himself.

"Well, you'll need to sign this form," Dareth handed Jay a clipboard and pen, "your membership is special though. Because you are pro, I'm giving you a discount until your first fight with us."

Dareth knew the fight business very well. He used to be boxing promoter back then. He used to work with big names in boxing, but unfortunately, it got out of hand fast. The mafia started to get involved, bribery was taking place not just with the promoters, but with the referees as well. It wasn't until Dareth had been bribed to allow a fight to happen with his newest fighter. He refused and quit boxing. Dareth found the Mojo Dojo and bought it.

Jay signed the paper and got an assigned locker.

"Hey, Jay. Meet Coach Wu."

Coach Wu was a reputable coach. Jay knew some of the fighters he trained. He trained most notably Zane Julien, former Middleweight Champion of the NFC, and last but most certainly least, Kai "The Blaze" Smith. Jay still hates Kai, mostly because he saw Kai cheat in their rematch. Kai was dominating the fight as it was but Kai decided to start grabbing Jay's shorts, gloves, and even the grab the fence at some point. The ref only noticed the fence grab. Regardless, Jay knew he was mostly in good hands.

"Hello Coach, lets go run some drills."

Cue Cheesy Rocky training montage

Coach Wu was relentless. Jay was not only training, but also conditioning. It took like 3 hours of hardcore training and 2 hours of hardcore conditioning. He was conditioning his abs, knuckles, joints, and worst of all, shins.

"FUCK!!!! That hurts" yelled Jay as loud as he could.

"I thought you were a Muay Thai professional" said Coach Wu as he laughed.

Wu kept hitting Jay's shins with a stick to condition them. Then he made Jay kick tires to condition them a little more.

"You're lucky we are not doing the sunrise exercise."