Karaoke

We both pulled a part quickly realizing what we had done. Yunho scratched the back of his neck nervously without looking at me. I had both of my hands on my cheeks in shock. Without another word Yunho took off to the car. I went to follow after him but, the embarrassment was to strong.

I kissed a kpop idol who's my best friend and he doesn't feel the same way.

That thought clanged around in my heart, breaking it more each time.

What have I done?

What do I do now?

Do I play it off?

Do I ignore him?

Do I act like it never happened?

Do I confess my feelings?

These thoughts repeated over and over again in my head as I numbly walked after him to the car.

The whole ride back was silent.

The next day whenever me and Yunho got near each other we'd awkwardly turn away from each other or go above and beyond to avoid the other one.

It went on like this for a couple of days, the members had started to notice.

I heard a knock on my door and told them to come in. Yeosang walked in. That's a suprise.

"Oh, uh. We're going out to karaoke. I thought you would like to come." Yeosang told me.

"Yeah that sounds really fun. I'll come. When are we leaving?" I said smiling at him expectedly.

"At 7. So 2 hours. We'll eat dinner there." Yeosang said bye and left me to get ready.

Finally it was time to go. We had to take 2 cars. Usually me and Yunho would fight to sit together but now we both walked to different cars and got in.

This distance from him hurts. My heart feels like someone is squeezing it.

Yeosang was the first one to get up and start singing. He's having so much fun it's so cute. When he finished singing everyone was trying to choose who goes next when Wooyoung suggested I go up, which caused everyone to start cheering for me to go and sing.

"Okay okay if I'm going up yall get to choose which language I sing in." I said jokingly.

"Really?" San asked excited.

"No." I deadpanned. I started one of my favorite songs Lose My Mind by Dean Lewis. This is a slower song so everyone just gently swayed to my voice.

We started drinking and singing and it became more chaotic. Me and some of the members got blasted. The more sober members decided it was time to go back home so they got the others in a car and left. I had gone to the bathroom before this decision was made so they left Yunho to make sure I get back safely.

I stumbled walking back to the room and almost fell but two hands caught me and helped me stand back up.

It was Yunho. I couldn't help but stare at him, and his unnecessarily pretty eyes. Why is he allowed to be so attractive, and talented, and sweet, and tall no one should be allowed to be this attractive.

Making me fall for him. Kissing me and then not speaking to me for days. Not even a glance. Whyd they have him stay. My heart ached.

I pulled free of his grip aggressively.

"I can stand on my own" I said defensively.

Yunho put his hands down to his sides and took a step back. I walked towards the door to leave and stumbled again. Had I known we were gonna drink I wouldn't have worn heels.

"Okay yeah, come here I'll hold you." Yunho said before coming and picking me up bridal style.

"Yunho set me down" I told him.

"No." He said walking in the direction of the parking garage.

"Yunhooooo!" I whined while kicking my legs up and down.

"Okay fine I'll set you down"  Yunho set me down on my feet and I looked at him seething.

"Whats wrong? You've been mad at me all day. Your even avoiding me." Yunho said a look of hurt in his eyes.

"Me? Avoiding you?!" I asked angrily.

"Yunho we kissed and you RAN OFF. You didn't speak to me or even look at me until today. You wouldn't even sit in the same car as me!" I yelled tears pricking my eyes.

Yunhos eyes were wide in shock. He was speechless.

"I love you Yunho. Your my best friend. I love being around you. I love how happy you are and how comfortable I feel with you. Do you know how much it hurts to suddenly lose that?" I cried.

"Y/N-" I interrupted him and said "You should've told me you didn't feel the same way instead of avoiding me. I turned away from him, because looking at him made my heart long for him.

"I wasn't avoiding you." Yunho said gently.

I scoffed.

"I didn't know how to react. So I stupidly ran off, and I realized how dumb that was so I was thinking of something I could do to show you how I really feel." Yunho said taking a step closer to me. I turned to look at him.

"What were you doing then? What were you so busy with that you didn't speak to me for days?" I asked.

"Will you come with me and let me show you?" Yunho asked reaching his hand out.

I grabbed his hand and let him lead me there.

He brought me to the studio. A studio?
He put the headphones on me and began playing a song through them.

It was beautiful. He sang the whole thing. The music sounded so pretty, and his voice was so smooth and perfect. It was mesmerizing.

But the best part was. This song is about me. How he feels for me. How much he loves me.

My heart was beating so fast, and my eyes were teary. The song finished and I gently took the headset off.

"Hongjoong was helping me write and compose it. The others helped with the music and how I should sing some parts. That's why I was in the other car. I wanted to ask them what they thought. I was gonna sing it for you after they left but.. you were so mad, it didn't seem right." Yunho said.

"Yunho.. I'm so sorry. I was so rude to you when you were busy writing such a beautiful song for me." I apologized.

"No I'm sorry. I shouldn't have run off. I should've talked to you. I just got excited and carried away." Yunho said.

I stood up and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me to him.

I took a step back so I could look him in his gorgeous eyes.

"You love me?" I asked a little teasingly but anxious over his answer.

"Yes. I love you." He said smiling.

He looked me in the eyes again and asked "Do you love me?"

"Yes, Yunho. I love you" I stood up on my tip toes and kissed him. I melted into the kiss. His lips are so soft, and his hands on my waist are so big, and warm.

Right now, in this moment. Everything is perfect.

But it never stay's that way.