Chapter 27- Somewhat Normal Life

I poured the batter into the cake pan, and I heard The doctors soft patter as he walked down the stairs.

"What are you making? It looks good." He hugged me from behind, laying his head on my shoulder.

"Your favorite. White cake, with Jammie Dodgers crumbled on top." I smiled at the thought of how excited he gets. Our life now, with the coming of the babys in just a few weeks, has made us realize how lucky we are. How lucky I am. I swatted his hand away as he took one of the biscuits, and ran away like the little child he is inside. I carefully placed the pan into the oven, and then sat on the couch.

"Doctor?" I yelled upstairs, assuming he was in the upstairs lounge, playing video games.

"Whats up?" He leaned over the ledge as I stood on the stairs. "Do mind taking the cake out when it beeps if I go to the store?" I grabbed my shoes while waiting for his reply.

"Only if you bring me back jelly babys." He lifted an eyebrow, and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, okay." I grabbed my purse, and walked into the garage, getting into the car. I started the engine, then drove to the store. Once I got there, I walked into the store, and went straight to the baby section. I grabbed a sloth onesie for Arkytior, and a fox one for Irving. Oh yeah, we figured out name for the baby boy. We are naming him after The Doctors brother, and my old bestfriend. After I picked up those things, I grabbed a grey hoodie for The Doctor, since we had to actually look like the part. I made my way to the candy section, and got The Doctor a jumbo bag of jelly babys so I wouldnt have to go out again. I checked out, and carried everything to the car.

Once I got home, The Doctor ran down the stairs and I threw the bag to him. He cheered in excitement, and I laughed a bit at how childish he is. I looked on the counter, and I sighed as I saw that cake out on the counter. But, there were only three Jammie Dodgers. I rolled my eyes, and grabbed some from my secret hiding spot. I buy about 10 boxes when theyre on sale each year, so Ive stocked up. If The Doctor knew about this.. Oh if he knew. I spread the white frosting thinly onto to the cake, then let it sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes while I smash the biscuits with a rolling pin.

I carefully sprinkled them on, making sure I left a little more on one side for The Doctor.

"What are these?" The Doctor asked looking through my shopping bag.

"Oh, I got those for the babys." I smiled, and handed him a piece of cake, then got one for myself. Our backyard faced the beach, so I went to sit outside and get fresh air.

"What are you doing? Its cold outside!" The Doctor dragged me back inside, and told me to stay in the middle of the room. He grabbed the iplayer from upstairs, and set it down on the island. He turned it on, and played classical music, in which I didnt recognize. He walked back over to me, and held out his hand.

"May I have this dance?" He bowed, and I took his hand. He put one hand on the right side of my waist, and the other in my hand. I carefully followed his steps, as I have never formally danced before. Suddenly, Shake It Off by Taylor Swift came on, and I started singing along to the words. I stood on the couch, using a spoon as a microphone, and The Doctor was doing what he called, "pro dance moves". I jumped down, and danced with him. And soon enough, a serious pillow fight broke out, which resulted in the living room being a complete and utter mess.

"Should we just call the maid and go out to dinner?" I asked as we stood with our arms crossed in front of the lounge.

"Yeah. I like that idea." I ran upstairs, and changed into black leggings, a green cargo jacket, a star wars shirt, and brown combat boots. I took The Doctors hand and we walked to our favorite restaurant. We sat down, and I ordered the bacon mac and cheese.

"Boring choice, eh love?" He said as he dipped the fish stick into the creamy custard.

"Oi! Im having a craving." I said as I stuck more macaroni in my mouth. He shook his head as he smiled, then put his hand on my now ginormous baby bump. I felt his eyes on me, as I took his hand away. I looked into his eyes, and only saw hurt. I turned away and ate the rest of my food. The waitress came over, and gave us the check. My eyes landed on him, motioning for him to come out the door with me. He slowly got up, and we walked to the car. The car ride was silent, and I didnt face him once. I stared out the window, realizing how amazing this type of life is.

~The Doctors POV~

The car ride was quiet, and I wondered why she was acting the way she is. She pulled my hand away earlier, as though she didnt want me to know something, or she didnt want me to connect with the children anymore. I turned to her as I drove, and she faced out the window, not even thinking to look at me.

"Eternity?" No reply. I sighed and drove the car up the driveway, and into the garage. I helped her out of the car, and she didnt look at me again. I watched her every movement, as she walked upstairs to our room. I didnt think to follow her, since she might just need space. I walked into the lunge, and saw it clean once again.

I sat on the couch with BBC on in the back, wondering if I should go up and talk to her. I decided I shouldnt, and I continued to watch whatever was on.

~Eternity's POV~

I lay on the bed, crying, wondering what The Doctor might be doing downstairs. I sat up, and looked at the picture of The Doctor and I when we went to Asgard. I knew I shouldnt have acted the way I did. I should go and apologize, but at the same time, I dont think I should.

I shouldnt apologize just yet, because he wont understand. I heard him walk in, then turned away from him on the bed. I felt his arm wrap around my waist, and nuzzled his face into a tuft of my hair. I turned around to face him, and I saw a tear running down his cheek.