Chapter 6

You begin to relax and allow him to guide you further into the woods, but your uneasiness returns as the sound of another cracking of thunder echoes in the distance followed by a loud flash of lightening. You're still confused as to who this person might be, and you still don't fully trust him, but he does seem...nice? Perhaps you should ask for his name. As he leads you further in, you make up a name on the spot, and when he turns and smiles at you again, you think it sounds perfect.
"My name's Alexander," he says softly as you stare at him. "Alexander Harriss"
Your name fits you beautifully, and it suits you perfectly. For some reason, he calls you ‘my darling’ as he says that, and somehow, it sounds so right. As you look into his eyes, you realise how beautiful you must look to him. And he is beautiful, you think. The moonlight reflects off his flawless, porcelain white skin which glows softly in the darkness. He moves closer to you until you’re pressed chest to chest, and he places his arms around your waist, pulling you into a warm embrace. It’s gentle, almost loving, and you lean into the gesture immediately, finding comfort in the fact that he seems to care. “I hope you will call me whatever you would like to call me,” he whispers as he rests his chin on your shoulder.
A shiver travels down your spine, and despite the cold weather, you feel warm, protected, loved. Your heart races at the touch of his lips on your neck, but you don’t pull away, not wanting to leave his side. For the briefest of moments, his lips linger there for longer than usual before gently moving downwards, leaving a trail of soft kisses along your jawline, and his hands travel upwards, cupping your cheeks gently as his lips brush against yours. You gasp softly at the sensation, the warmth spreading throughout your body, but you refuse to pull away. After what feels like eternity, Alexander pulls his lips away from yours reluctantly. His gaze flickers up from where he was looking at you, and his eyes meet yours once again. You’re speechless. What could you possibly say to him? It’s almost as if he knows exactly what you were thinking; perhaps he senses what you’re feeling right now as you hold eye contact with him for long seconds. Suddenly the words pour out of your mouth before you can stop yourself, “You’re breathtaking.” Your face flames red as you realise what you just said, but Alexander doesn’t seem fazed, or angry.